Sonic Electronix

Ok.. so last week i built this guy a box.. he insisted i have a fast turnaround.. so i did everything in 1 day.. ( did 45s int he corners coverd it with velvet n all) .. i txt him and said look the box is done and come pick it up..

its now been 8 days since the box was done,..and literally EVERYDAY he comes up with a new excuse that he cant come get it etc etc

and its pissing me off because its really in my way and i have other boxes to build..

hes done paid for the box also..

so what im asking is what would YOU do? im highly considering either throwing the box away (bc it wont work with my subs).. OR sell it to somebody else..

im at wits end with this customer

also i might have have put this in the wrong section,..ooops

Edited by getlocivic

give the current customer an ultimatum tell him pick the box up in the next 2-3 days while ate the same time offering the box for sale to other customers if he doesnt pick up the box in that time sell the box

everyone consider the fact that he already took my advice before commenting so u guys can avoid conflicts

Edited by RExEAGLE

You could also tell him that it's costing you space to house the box, so if he still wants you to hold onto it for him then you're going to have to charge him "rent" on your space. That way you can make more money or if he doesn't feel like paying the extra then he'll come get it out of your way.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

You do this on the side? No tax I'd or anything right? If you do it as a business I'd start putting something on your invoices about storage fees. How big is it?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You do this on the side? No tax I'd or anything right? If you do it as a business I'd start putting something on your invoices about storage fees. How big is it?

i do it strictly as a hobby (love wood working in my free time).. i usually do 1 to 2 boxes a week for local craigslist ppl etc etc..

and its just over 5 cubic feet total volume.. double layer birch all around.. but the thing is like freakin 24" deep and hogs up 80% of my "free corner" lol

Wrap it in a tarp stick it outside. I've started using old boxes for stands my drill press is mounted to one lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wrap it in a tarp stick it outside. I've started using old boxes for stands my drill press is mounted to one lol

my thoughts too.. i got a fishtank i need a stand for and this box is just about perfect for it..

my drillpress is mounted to a steel table i found in a scrapyard..with the drillpress still attached.. replaced the top pulleys and it worked 100%

Telling someone that you're either going to "burn it or sell it to some1 else" is tactless. If you're doing a business deal with someone, be professional and just say that it's using a lot of your free space preventing you from making boxes for other people and you need it out of there by X date or they will forfeit the box. The person already paid you, so it's not an issue of them not having the money.

RF 12" P3D4

RF 300.1 ~ BC: 430w

4 x Infinity Reference 5012i

B-Quiet Extreme

Telling someone that you're either going to "burn it or sell it to some1 else" is tactless. If you're doing a business deal with someone, be professional and just say that it's using a lot of your free space preventing you from making boxes for other people and you need it out of there by X date or they will forfeit the box. The person already paid you, so it's not an issue of them not having the money.

what the fuck do you think ive been doing? sitting around with my thumb up my ass??

professionalism went out the window a week ago..

i txt him EVERYDAY 2 or 3 times a day..and he continues to blow me off

so i see it as your post was NOT needed