Ok, I'll check in later on it hope it goes well. At least either way you have a spare case for a big build :). I wasn't for sure about them now compared to a few yrs back lol. What do I search for? Haven't found any yet just everything else but what I'm looking for. That sucks its still down. After we talked about your yellow light of death I thought mine was going down until the yellow light on the front wasn't the right yellow light. Made myself freak out like a stupid old man lol. Just had it rebuilt last year cause the blue ray section wasn't working.

Any luck yet? Does it drop into 10s when driving too or just at idle? I could understand dropping so low at idle because alt can only put out ~700wrms but while moving with 100amps like you said you should have twice that. And I'm sure your amp isn't 100% efficient at putting out 900wrms so you shouldn't see that much drop. Get a DMM and tune that VM. I had to do that for my stinger and it's been working well so far because I'm not loud enough to break it :P

Any luck yet? Does it drop into 10s when driving too or just at idle? I could understand dropping so low at idle because alt can only put out ~700wrms but while moving with 100amps like you said you should have twice that. And I'm sure your amp isn't 100% efficient at putting out 900wrms so you shouldn't see that much drop. Get a DMM and tune that VM. I had to do that for my stinger and it's been working well so far because I'm not loud enough to break it :P

Well, I'm swapping alts at the moment. I have a spare that has only 20k miles of use cause I think my current one is going bad due to age.

Voltmeter is untunable, and nobody here has a DMM.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Well, I swapped out the alts, and... the voltage is still the same. Car drives better though, so I gained something.

Time to save up for a 2nd battery, oh well, it's only at full tilt where my votlage sucks, few clicks down, and it's good.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

hey Omega i dont know what kind of battery ur looking for but im sure u got a battery recycler buy you i know a guy out here who bought 3 optimas for a 120 bucks and the guy also gave him a 2 year warrenty

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Battery recycler? That sounds interesting, may look into that.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

So I have good news, I relocated my amp's ground to a different grounding source, because I came to discover that I grounded my amp to the fuel pump by mistake, so I relocated it to the suspension strut, which still needs more sanding, and I tested the same song I used to test voltage drop

I went from the lowest being 10.9 to 11.7, and saw more flex in my car, so I guess the cause of my electrical problems was simply a crappy ground, go figure lol

Well, I learn something new everyday, that's for sure.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

If you have the means, I've always grounded straight to the frame on it's own independent hole. You should try that too.

I tried doing that but I came to realize I don't have proper drills to do it, so I have it grounded on a strut for the meantime.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived