Omega5002 Posted January 30, 2013 Author Report Posted January 30, 2013 Someone might be adding Skar Audio into their signature soon Oh the excitement lol 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted January 30, 2013 Author Report Posted January 30, 2013 i have one of these kicker cvrs i have it in the orginal kicker box on a kicker zr240 it gets pretty loud for being cheap i have it in my Neon until i build a box for my Dc Audio lvl 4 18 to fit in the trunk it gets pretty nasty for being a little sub(the kicker) Yeah, in the right box, it does great. Though have fun fitting an 18' in the trunk, should be interesting. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted February 1, 2013 Author Report Posted February 1, 2013 cant wait to see what you do with the 15's. and i just upgraded my system too with a 50$ kenwood amp the kac-8105d Looks like it's doing pretty good, and that amp is the smaller version of mine, though my 9104D is very power hungry, can't wait to save up to get an AQ 1200.1 so I get less voltage drops hopefully 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted February 1, 2013 Author Report Posted February 1, 2013 yeah mines power hungry too. after i tuned it alittle if i turn it up past 22/35 i drop to the high 12v's yeah mines power hungry too. after i tuned it alittle if i turn it up past 22/35 i drop to the high 12v's Almost tempted to return mine to the pawn shop, and spend an extra $50 for the RE Audio DTS 1500.1 there, it does 700 rms at 2 ohms, and 1000 rms at 1 ohm, and apparently runs efficiently, though I'd have to buy a 120 amp fuse, which would be no biggie 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Colin - STAPUFT Posted February 1, 2013 Report Posted February 1, 2013 I spy an MTX road thunder box! I can't wait to see what you do with the 15"s Omega. The 12 is really gettin' it as it is- ...it is amazing what a bump on the electrical can do. -love the RCAs and the work you did with the board too. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Omega5002 Posted February 1, 2013 Author Report Posted February 1, 2013 I spy an MTX road thunder box! I can't wait to see what you do with the 15"s Omega. The 12 is really gettin' it as it is- ...it is amazing what a bump on the electrical can do. -love the RCAs and the work you did with the board too. Yeah, I'm excited and yeah, I'm glad my efforts to beef up my electrical has yielded positive results so far, even with my power hungry amp. Parts-express had a great deal on those rca's, $12 for 25 ft, and they are such great quality as well, though due to being beefy, was a bit hard to run, but not that bad. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
REVOofRustler Posted February 1, 2013 Report Posted February 1, 2013 I may have missed it somewhere, but are you planning on sealing off the trunk, or having the subs facing the trunk? 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Omega5002 Posted February 1, 2013 Author Report Posted February 1, 2013 I may have missed it somewhere, but are you planning on sealing off the trunk, or having the subs facing the trunk? Rear firing setup, I'll do a sealed off setup in the future when I acquire more tools 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted February 5, 2013 Author Report Posted February 5, 2013 Update, traded in the Kenwood, and got this, an RE Audio DTS1500, replaced the power wire with Audio-Technix ofc 4 gauge, upgraded fuse from 60 to 120 amps, and holy crap, this thing is efficient, lowest I've seen is 12.5 volts, which is the resting voltage of my battery, I'm so freaking happy now Lost a little output due the new amp being 700 rms at 2 ohms, so lost 200 watts, but it's 1 ohm stable, and does 1000 rms at that, so I'm not too worried 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
HatersGonnaHate Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 You should have absolutely nothing to worry about with losing that 200w, you'll make up that lost output when you get those Skar's in there and wired up! My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.