Sundown Audio

Lower Strapped Load?

Ok so currently im running 2 aq 2200d's strapped, subs are wired to 1ohm and with that across a pair of strapped amps it means the full load is 2ohms at around 4400 watts correct? Well i want to know if anyone has wired their strapped amps to 1ohm (so .5 ohm each amp basically) if so how can you do this and would i be able to? I could wire each amp to a sub at .5 ohm, but if im correct running them strapped saves on my current and will help with keeping subs cooler and also i like keeping only one bass nob. Heres my setup, 2 aq 2200d's strapped, and 2 aq hdc4 18's.

The amp is going to see whatever load you have it wired to. I have my bc5500 's strapped at 1 ohm. Just make sure you got the electrical for it

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

I ran my dds strapped at .7 for 2yrs..so .35 per amp...make sure you have electrical to back it up...strapping only makes it easier to set gains cause you use master an you get to have bassknob...I starting having issues with strapping low so I unstrapped...I still run .35 daily..but I know what my box rise is and I have 5k in electrical

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

ray is the only oen who is right

the load you see when strapped is divided between your two amps.

if you are strapped at 2 ohms each amp sees 1

if you are strapped at 1 each sees .5

get it?not the opposite.

what you are asking is what you are currently doing if you are presenting a 1 ohm load to your amps.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks n8... and in no way am I promoting strapping below manufactures recomendations....just cause I do it doesn't mean everyone can..like I said I have 3 alternators 10 runs of 0g and 6 batteries and numerous other things caps dual inputs adj vm...if its not enough power get 3500.1s

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

and youre more than willing to accept the fact that it was your fault if something goes. Alot of consumers arent so willing. I mean it has to be the amp because I know what im doing is a very common mentality anymore.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ray is the only oen who is right

the load you see when strapped is divided between your two amps.

if you are strapped at 2 ohms each amp sees 1

if you are strapped at 1 each sees .5

get it?not the opposite.

what you are asking is what you are currently doing if you are presenting a 1 ohm load to your amps.

yea basically im trying to figure out if i can wire my dual 1ohm subs to a one ohm load across the strapped amps(.5 each amp) Because when i wire the subs in parallel i can get either 1 ohm or 4 ohm load, i origanily had them wired to one ohm on a single 2200, and when i got my 2nd 2200 i strapped them togather and then just hooked them up same way. So right now each amp would be seeing 1 ohm right?

Thanks n8... and in no way am I promoting strapping below manufactures recomendations....just cause I do it doesn't mean everyone can..like I said I have 3 alternators 10 runs of 0g and 6 batteries and numerous other things caps dual inputs adj vm...if its not enough power get 3500.1s

yea i might in the end go with bigger amps, i just dont want to have to get rid of my 2200's lol i may just get another pair and run them strapped and have a strapped pair for each woofer.

Series each sub to itself... Thats 2 - 2ohm subs

Then parralell

That will give ya 1ohm

Then strap

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Series each sub to itself... Thats 2 - 2ohm subs

Then parralell

That will give ya 1ohm

Then strap

Thank you that's what I was looking for, probably won't be trying it for awhile for electrical reasons, or may just get 2 more 2200's to stay safe. Thank you all for your help.