More runs of 0 gauge?

This may be a noob question but.. I have a DC power 270xp amp alt. 6 G31 agm deep cycle batteries in the trunk(i have a regular acid battery under the hood) i run a crescendo 5500 and a crecendo 1600.2 am i in need of some more runs of 0 gauge? Or do i need a dual alt set up. I only have 1 positive run of 0 gauge thats it! So im already going to do at least 3 more. I drop into the low 12s voltage wise at idle. id like to sit a little higher..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

I'd start with more runs of 0, I'm only going to be about 4k rms total and I did two 0ga power runs. I believe you shouldn't go more than 3k through 1 run or something about like that. So ya...more 0 is a good start.

Edited by Bigsix

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

that batt up front is def not helping..and id ad at least 1 more...whats ur grounds situation like?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

that batt up front is def not helping..and id ad at least 1 more...whats ur grounds situation like?

before he dumps money on a battery he needs more runs of 0, he is trying to pull like 7000+watts (and a fuck ton of amps) thru 1 run.. He needs more runs regardless of his battery situation, or he will have voltage issues regardless IMO.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

before he dumps money on a battery he needs more runs of 0, he is trying to pull like 7000+watts (and a fuck ton of amps) thru 1 run.. He needs more runs regardless of his battery situation, or he will have voltage issues regardless IMO.

and he can add as many runs as he likes but with that battery up front its only going to help so much... IMO he needs to do both

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

Im planning on buying a spool Or two of 0 gauge for some more runs. But someone a local shop told me "your alternator only puts out 270amps at full tilt so theres no need for more runs". but i have heard other wise on here. My car is walled so i have been dreading doing more runs..

Im aware my front battery sucks. Just bought 6 G31s so im stopping the bleeding for a little bit. Then ill up the front one to something new. Im grounded twice in the trunk on either side of the strut plate. I sanded down the area like all hell to try and get a solid ground

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

there is actually some truth in that..but another run will allow for less resistance..id add 1 more run of power and a dedicated ground from front---> rear batt bank

same amount of inputs your amp has needs to be the same amount of power runs ( to be safe)

i know idiots out there running 2 amps that have dual 0g pwr n grnd andn only using 1 0g run..and his wire gets REAL hot

i have 2 0gauge runs in my car just to be safe with whatever i decide to run

I'd start with more runs of 0, I'm only going to be about 4k rms total and I did two 0ga power runs. I believe you shouldn't go more than 3k through 1 run or something about like that. So ya...more 0 is a good start.

^^ What he say. A 270 HO alt w/ (6) Group31 in the back and we're choking the current with one 1/0? I would do (2) positive and (2) Negative of OFC 1/0. Took me two spool (100ft) to complete the mission! =)

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db