Anyone ever ran into this wonderful little piece of shit? One of the bartenders here has it, along with "Windows High-End Protection". Working on removing it as we speak thanks to a couple of the guys in chat, but this little fucker is tough... :lol: I hate computers sometimes...

POTATO!

I use malwarebytes and super antispyware to repair mine and many other peoples pc's

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

comodos 2012 as well

2007 Ford Ranger

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

oh yes i forgot about spybot .good program worked for me few times as well

2007 Ford Ranger

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

Factory Alternator

there are 100 different names for that virus if its the one that keeps poping up and asking you to buy there antivirus to fix your pc that they screwed up and even sometimes looks like its a microsoft windows warning any way the new norton will fix it just go to norton and get a 30day trial

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

Oh yes. Got that a couple times. Son of a bitch to remove manually. Malwarebytes will get rid of it with a full scan.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Microsoft Security Essentials is FREE and does work, however it cannot stop people from being stupid. If you truly have a bad virus only someone experienced in removing it should tackle it. There are things virus' can do that are not seen or fixable by any of the above mentioned products. Malwarebytes and Super AntiSpyware are both great tools when used properly. However if this thing is sofisticated then you can expect headaches for a while. One I landed on my home PC (yes us tech people get them sometimes too) was a bit of a royal pain to remove, however with my laptop and a little research I found the crucial first step to removing it, which without it would have left me with a PITA removal process. The beauty I got was Win7 Security 2012 Version2, which not only suspended any .exe from running via the registry, it also prevented any kind of executable from being ran, such as .msi and more. This thing was well written because it even ran in safe mode, which about 95% of the virus' out there do not.

Anyway, long story short I had to extract and run a registry fix key to enable executable file use, then narrowed down the virus itself in safe mode, removed the main files myself and ran malwarebytes to remove any remaning files. However as I said this thing was well written, it also changed ALL FILES to HIDDEN, including the folders. Which is a bit of a PITA to correct manually, so a system restore to 2days prior corrected that issue.

Mainly what I want you and others who may see this topic to see is that while the "average" virus can be removed with simple steps, such as rebooting to safe mode and running malwarebytes/Super Antispyware. Some can be very nasty, so be careful, and NEVER put any kind of personal information into anything that pops up, yes that is pretty obvious but trust me someone has done it and I am sure more will without figuring it out. And above all else, if you need help ASK, there are plenty of tech people on this forum including myself who will help you out. I can type out an entire process to help you remove it but it sounds like you are on your way to getting it fixed, but again if you need help just ask.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Microsoft Security Essentials is FREE and does work, however it cannot stop people from being stupid. If you truly have a bad virus only someone experienced in removing it should tackle it. There are things virus' can do that are not seen or fixable by any of the above mentioned products. Malwarebytes and Super AntiSpyware are both great tools when used properly. However if this thing is sofisticated then you can expect headaches for a while. One I landed on my home PC (yes us tech people get them sometimes too) was a bit of a royal pain to remove, however with my laptop and a little research I found the crucial first step to removing it, which without it would have left me with a PITA removal process. The beauty I got was Win7 Security 2012 Version2, which not only suspended any .exe from running via the registry, it also prevented any kind of executable from being ran, such as .msi and more. This thing was well written because it even ran in safe mode, which about 95% of the virus' out there do not.

Anyway, long story short I had to extract and run a registry fix key to enable executable file use, then narrowed down the virus itself in safe mode, removed the main files myself and ran malwarebytes to remove any remaning files. However as I said this thing was well written, it also changed ALL FILES to HIDDEN, including the folders. Which is a bit of a PITA to correct manually, so a system restore to 2days prior corrected that issue.

Mainly what I want you and others who may see this topic to see is that while the "average" virus can be removed with simple steps, such as rebooting to safe mode and running malwarebytes/Super Antispyware. Some can be very nasty, so be careful, and NEVER put any kind of personal information into anything that pops up, yes that is pretty obvious but trust me someone has done it and I am sure more will without figuring it out. And above all else, if you need help ASK, there are plenty of tech people on this forum including myself who will help you out. I can type out an entire process to help you remove it but it sounds like you are on your way to getting it fixed, but again if you need help just ask.

I'm slowly doing it. Just trying to locate all the files. It's a royal PITA. Any help is appreciated though.

POTATO!