Sonic Electronix

Why the hell would make any difference putting resistors on the speaker terminals?! do NOT hook anything other that speakers to your speaker terminals.

Am i stupid or is hooking anything other than your subs to your amps speaker terminals going to change what ohm's the amp see's and thus possibly frying the amp? From what i gather you just need a module that has a microphone that tells the lights when to light up. Correct me if i am wrong.

No the amp won't have problems as LEDs draw so little current, but as they are made for 12-14V and not the voltages you get out of your amp they'll blow. And you're correct on the other stuff.

Stop ghetto rigging things

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Stop ghetto rigging things

Thank you

Am i stupid or is hooking anything other than your subs to your amps speaker terminals going to change what ohm's the amp see's and thus possibly frying the amp? From what i gather you just need a module that has a microphone that tells the lights when to light up. Correct me if i am wrong.

No the amp won't have problems as LEDs draw so little current, but as they are made for 12-14V and not the voltages you get out of your amp they'll blow. And you're correct on the other stuff.

The voltage is irrelevant, its the resistance that matters. Ahh hell forget it. i'm not posting in this thread anymore. listen to zxsonyyz and screw your amp up if you want to.

The voltage is irrelevant, its the resistance that matters. Ahh hell forget it. i'm not posting in this thread anymore. listen to zxsonyyz and screw your amp up if you want to.

I forgot that it was up to 300 of them, depending of how they're wired they might actually be a notisable load. About the voltage, It was consernig why the LEDs started to smoke (or blew completely?).

I still think it would be hard to kill the amp before the LEDs themselves.

But to sum up for yankee: don't put them on your amp! Regardless of the amp being "capable".

Edited by zxsonnyxz

• 2 weeks later...

when you solder the resistor make sure its on postive post on led. its the longer post. and if you run it to your amp it pushes out different amounbts of power. it is stupid to do it this way. you will fry all your shit. if you dont want to keep your stuff then listen to what the people here are saying. and they smoke when they see too much power. you burn em up. you get the led

------| \

---|___/

long pole and short pole. solder resistor to long pole. then run to a CONTROL MODULE aka BOX. run to your amp bye bye stuff. thats it, thats all. end o story. know how i learned that. cuz i did it. and i used 22 leds in a strip. byebye mids n highs amp. so be smart and listen to what we the people of smd that have done this and learned from it tell you. so you dont fry your stuff n waste more money on leds.n test on 9volt battery first. itll tell you if your doing it wrong because itll burn up as soon as you connect it or itll light up.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube