Can't fix alternator whine ground loop driving me crazy!

I have a ground loop and it's driving me freaking crazy...my system consists of a kenwood kvt-512 to a rf p4004.4 and hifonics bxi2607d...I have the front preouts to two splitters into the 400.4 and the rear preout is goin to the bxi2607d...The rear preout used to have a ground loop too but I fixed it by grounding the rcas to the headunit...The front preouts though are driving me crazy It hisses when the car is in acc position and makes a high pitch tone AND hiss when the car is on all the way. It used to be much worse the other day but I put a ground loop isolator on the front rcas and it helped quite a bit but I still hear it Heres all the things I've tried all ready

1. grounding front preout rcas to chassis ---fail

2. grounding front preout rcas to h/u ---fail

3. grounding 400.4 to chassis rather than the battery --- fail

4. grounding h/u to different ground on chassis --- fail

My front and rear rcas are ran through the center of the car and are not ran with ANY power wires at all...what should I try next?

why are you using splitters and such? do you only have two preouts?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the way i fixed mine was take the radio apart, and try to plug it all back in, and the whine could also be bc ur kenwood is cheap... i have a poineer avh3200 double din and have had no whine what so ever

saying I have whine because I don't have the same h/u as you doesn't help at all...thanks tho

why are you using splitters and such? do you only have two preouts?

Yea I only have a front preout and then one rear/sub preout

hes alos comparing the bottom of the line pioneer that is known for ground loop issues with kenwoods bottom of the line like it cost anymore. lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I ran my RCA's right next to my 1/0 power wire right down the middle of the car with the wire and rca's taped to each other all the way down with no noise what so ever.

First pull all rca's out from the h/u and amp and let them lay there and have the amp powered and car running to see if it is your amp making the noise and connect everything back up 1 piece at a time till you encounter the noise, it is possible a ground issue it is also possible a colder solder joint inside the h/u or amp but you'll need more equipment to replace what is in there now to make certain.

You could try and ground the rca's as well as moving the ground locations at the amp and h/u if your unable to locate it through doing the other things.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I've had the same problem with my pioneer headunit.

Every thing you tried, I have tried as well. but still failed to fix the noise.

Until I used an inline power noise filter.

I just matched up the fuse rating to the headunit and bought the one closest to the fusing.

I used this one

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38579_P.I.E.-NF-20.html

But here is a cheaper one But does the same exact thing, but looks better.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26831_Axxess-AX-ANR1000.html

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Does the hiss go away when you unplug the rca's from the amp? Does it go away with them plugged into the amp but not the head unit?

II don't remember exactly I know I tried that though but say if I unplug the rca from the headunit and keep the rcas plugged into the amp can the speakers still produce ground noise?

I ran my RCA's right next to my 1/0 power wire right down the middle of the car with the wire and rca's taped to each other all the way down with no noise what so ever.

First pull all rca's out from the h/u and amp and let them lay there and have the amp powered and car running to see if it is your amp making the noise and connect everything back up 1 piece at a time till you encounter the noise, it is possible a ground issue it is also possible a colder solder joint inside the h/u or amp but you'll need more equipment to replace what is in there now to make certain.

You could try and ground the rca's as well as moving the ground locations at the amp and h/u if your unable to locate it through doing the other things.

Yea I guess I'll have to work my way from amp to headunit, although I've basically already done it I am almost positive its because of the rcas but to me it seems that if grounding the h/u rca leads didn't work that things would point more to the rca's just being bad..even though theyre brand new..but cheap lol

I've had the same problem with my pioneer headunit.

Every thing you tried, I have tried as well. but still failed to fix the noise.

Until I used an inline power noise filter.

I just matched up the fuse rating to the headunit and bought the one closest to the fusing.

I used this one

http://www.sonicelec...I.E.-NF-20.html

But here is a cheaper one But does the same exact thing, but looks better.

http://www.sonicelec...AX-ANR1000.html

*Edit* lol nvm im slow...this goes like you connect the red to the constant 12v and then ground the black and then connect the blue to the battery constant on the h/u correct?

Edited by BEEMDUB