Second Skin Audio

you need luxury liner or luxury liner pro to eleminate the road noise.

using the damp or damp pro will stop your panels from resonating

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Its the road noise mostly. I know part of it is warn motor mounts. Because I can feel the shifter vib in mt hands a bit. But I shut the car off going down hill on the freeway and it was still noisy. I am all stock just dumped. Every once and a while ill hit a bump and the wheels rub on the inside of the trunk. I think ill damp the trunk/roof/ and doors, then next cash infusion ill do the luxury liner. After my trunk wall and roof cap is finished.

The shifter linkage is wobbly because of worn shifter bushings. Not motor mounts. You can buy energy suspension shifter bushings on eBay for <$15 if you're mechanically inclined, install them yourself. Replace the motor mounts with stock replacements unless you can handle the vibration of the urethane mounts. Take out your bump stops and it should quiet it down a bit as well. Here's my rig........

8efb4eea.jpg

9b3994c7.jpg

fcd732ff.jpg

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

DON'T get Fatmat lol. Seen so many bad pics of that shit falling off.

i not gonna say get fat mat BUT in my car it made a night and day difference

personally for sides and floor i would buy it again, only because thats the only places i used it in my car :pardon: none of it has come off, i used 100sqft

Thanks for the honda heads up, I have had 5 ef's in my last few years. With everything from stock motor to turbo b20 vtec's. Haha I'm running custom front dropped forks built by me, drop zone rears with 4 inch top at all the way around. Shifter bushings are new, There is no sloppy in it what so ever. Just buzzes from vibration. Glad to see another honda head up on smd!

Anybody ever tried rhino liner for sound deadening? I've been considering gutting my interior plastics and carpet and trying it out just because I like the look but have no idea how well it deadens. In theory it should do fine though?

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Anybody ever tried rhino liner for sound deadening? I've been considering gutting my interior plastics and carpet and trying it out just because I like the look but have no idea how well it deadens. In theory it should do fine though?

thats fucking stupid

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

And if the second skin is really only 4 blocking metal resonance, then would I benefit from putting it on the floor board of my car? The Floor is very thick and multi layered. I'd don't want to install it anywhere that is wasted due to it being so expensive!!

first off second skin is a company not a product. the second skin damplifier you are speaking of doesnt block anything other then slight thermal resistance. It is a vibration dampener so it stops the metal from vibrating thus stopping it from making noise. Even if you think you dont need it at all its a good idea to go with a bare bones install on the flat, big panels and cover with 100% lux liner pro

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Well, my car on topic is from 1989, interior plastics are pretty weathered and kind of dull from sun abuse, I like the look of rhinoline and it's easy to keep clean. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to trying it but if it slightly helps reduce road vibrations that's a plus for those who care about that sort of thing.

If you're trying to insult me please use complete sentences in your next effort. It's really very simple.

I wish I post whored to be cool :/

thats fucking stupid

Edited by justinschmidt

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

ive used it and it sucks as far as bed liner. and as far as sound dampening not going to do much either. you can do what you want with your car but know thats going to be 99% visual 1% function