Long story short, my Mom's 2010 4.0L Chrysler van with 50K has developed a misfire, only really noticeable at idle. I've never heard of such a thing happening- is this just the curse of buying American? Because honestly I do not see why an almost $40K vehicle should be doing this, for any reason.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I would start off with an induction cleaning and fuel injector cleaner additive in the tank to start off. If it was a bad miss the comp. would kick on the check engine light on. If you can find the product its called... BG 44K is the additive for the fuel. It works great!

Edit.. http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html

Edited by Keith77

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

i was thinking injectors too.try warming the car up then take it to the red line for a few seconds to force what evers in there out.then try what keith said.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.

Do you think the BG stuff is available at local stores? I could go take a look.

My feedback thread

Well the powertrain warranty is still in effect for sure. I think the rest went out at 40K miles. But @ Orion, I mean that. Her past Chrysler van (one bodystyle older) opened its own power liftgate while in motion...

Meanwhile my Dad has had a Volvo and an Audi that have refrained from doing stupid things....for now

My feedback thread

Most BG products are sold at shops not so much at part stores. I think on their website they have a dealer locator to find a shop near you. I sell it at my shop and use it all the time.

Edited by Keith77

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Volvo and Audi....lol..yeah umm Audi's are the number one worst used cars for a reason. ALso find what cylinder is misfiring. Instead of trying all kinds of additaves and what not figure out if its the coil or possibly a spark plug. It could be an injector but i doubt it.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

Volvo and Audi....lol..yeah umm Audi's are the number one worst used cars for a reason. ALso find what cylinder is misfiring. Instead of trying all kinds of additaves and what not figure out if its the coil or possibly a spark plug. It could be an injector but i doubt it.

Or take it to the dealer if its under warranty, to get it diagnosed correctly.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Dealer said it's a misfire. Not severe enough to throw a CEL or code. But it IS doing it. My Mom had them change the plugs, which were NGK (oddly enough) and it seems to have lessened some...but it's still not exactly smooth. I might give the injector cleaner additive a shot.

My feedback thread