Not sure if you've explored this site, but it mainly has quality parts.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/M3

I use this site for all my volvo parts, figured i'd share.

fcp euro is the shit. lifetime warranty on everything, seriously impressive.

Sweet!

Thanks guys.

I'll check it out. Always interested in sites that have good part options.

Need some new shocks real soon too :o

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Have u gotten the cooling for the amps up in ur hatch done? love ur car, u have some awesome building skills. Would love to see ur car in person, so few bimmer builds and few trunk builds and even fewer that are as clean as urs. really tempted to switch my car for a touring 5er just to get more space and maybe add a couple more 12's. How are those xl's holding up? was thinking of going dc but its a pain to get hold of dc equipment since we have no dealers for them over here.

Have u gotten the cooling for the amps up in ur hatch done? love ur car, u have some awesome building skills. Would love to see ur car in person, so few bimmer builds and few trunk builds and even fewer that are as clean as urs. really tempted to switch my car for a touring 5er just to get more space and maybe add a couple more 12's. How are those xl's holding up? was thinking of going dc but its a pain to get hold of dc equipment since we have no dealers for them over here.

Thanks Man, much appreciated.

No, sorry no updates at the moment. Still in the middle of a few projects and its cold up in Colorado so it'd be hard to make progress anyway.

Soon though, for sure.

There will be some updates coming.

XL's are surprisingly holding up well. I obviously cant demo all day but it is what it is. I LOVE my DC9K. Amp is a beast. 1ohm, 1/4 ohm, doesn't matter, it just plays.

I've rarely had it protect on me, even when I accidentally slam on a low song too hard and the subs damn near pop out of the baskets....

The previous DC5K would occasionally protect and get grumpy at 1/4ohm, but not the 9K. :good:

Honestly my biggest gripe right now is my 360.3, which is giving me nothing but problems and preventing me from making progress on finishing the trunk trim panels because I have to tear everything out to mess with the 360. <_<

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

Thanks Man, much appreciated.

No, sorry no updates at the moment. Still in the middle of a few projects and its cold up in Colorado so it'd be hard to make progress anyway.

Soon though, for sure.

There will be some updates coming.

XL's are surprisingly holding up well. I obviously cant demo all day but it is what it is. I LOVE my DC9K. Amp is a beast. 1ohm, 1/4 ohm, doesn't matter, it just plays.

I've rarely had it protect on me, even when I accidentally slam on a low song too hard and the subs damn near pop out of the baskets....

The previous DC5K would occasionally protect and get grumpy at 1/4ohm, but not the 9K. :good:

Honestly my biggest gripe right now is my 360.3, which is giving me nothing but problems and preventing me from making progress on finishing the trunk trim panels because I have to tear everything out to mess with the 360. <_<

helixxxxxxxxx! Seems like people like the amperage DSP too. Although if you look at most of them they look real similar. Kinda interesting :) MiniDSP just came out with one too but eh...MiniDSP is fun to play with but sound quality seems to not be their ultimate goal which doesn't make sense, they have a billion features but turn on pops and hiss no thank you.

helixxxxxxxxx! Seems like people like the amperage DSP too. Although if you look at most of them they look real similar. Kinda interesting :) MiniDSP just came out with one too but eh...MiniDSP is fun to play with but sound quality seems to not be their ultimate goal which doesn't make sense, they have a billion features but turn on pops and hiss no thank you.

I've looked at the Helix and really like it, especially since its made in Germany which matches the car perfectly.......except for the remote control.

I don't like that such a sweet unit has a plasticy hand held remote.

The one thing I really liked about the 360 is that the remote almost perfectly integrates into my center console.

754-360-remote_zps62081576.jpg

I took the car to a BMW dealer for some maintenance and they couldn't even tell the car was modified..until they went to press the Hazard light button and saw the 360 remote instead and had to do a double-take... :D (Yes, I will get he hazard light installed soon ;) )

I've looked at the MiniDSP but it doesn't have enough channels for me to go active, so I'd need the much larger 4x10, I believe, which is HUGE and wouldn't fit in the available space I have in my trunk.

I like the Ampere processor too but again, the remote doesn't work well with my installation.

My main problem for most processor/remote units being that I just don't have much room in my dash or center console for a large remote control unit.

So after looking at most of the processors that I know of, I've pretty much settled on the Bit1.

Great reputation, small chassis, slick remote that should integrate easy into a dash.

BitOne__35580.1281145269.1280.1280.gif?c

If it doesn't fit well into my center console then I did see another guy install one into his cigarette lighter compartment very stealthily.

Hmmm, and of course I can't find the link online anymore...

BUT...now I just have to find one for a reasonable price or bite the bullet and dump a bunch of cash on it with the hopes that it solves all my issues.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

BUT...now I just have to find one for a reasonable price or bite the bullet and dump a bunch of cash on it with the hopes that it solves all my issues.

Yea my hesitation was the price. I couldn't justify it, it is really nice though but all of these come down to ease of use which to me is software really. (of course I had just paid for a new trans and torque converter so that may have played into it)

I may even play around with my symetrix zone 760 a bit see what happens. The only drawback there is if I ever wanted to be in a MECA or other comp. I think it would automatically throw me into a different class.

Yea my hesitation was the price. I couldn't justify it, it is really nice though but all of these come down to ease of use which to me is software really. (of course I had just paid for a new trans and torque converter so that may have played into it)

I may even play around with my symetrix zone 760 a bit see what happens. The only drawback there is if I ever wanted to be in a MECA or other comp. I think it would automatically throw me into a different class.

Whoa, that Symetrix looks pretty cool. There are competition rules for processors?

Yeah, the user interface is a huge deal as well. Hate the 360 GUI, super glitchy and it has some odd output setting rules as well. Another reason I don't like it.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Whoa, that Symetrix looks pretty cool. There are competition rules for processors?

Yeah, the user interface is a huge deal as well. Hate the 360 GUI, super glitchy and it has some odd output setting rules as well. Another reason I don't like it.

eh maybe, never competed so I am definately not the person who knows BUT I read (when I was first planning my build) one of the things that kicks you up a class is "pro audio" equipment. I think the symetrix would count. Although there are fewer and fewer SQ competion locations so it may be a mute point :)

are the outputs not assignable or something? Its funny because the ESS chips and the TI chips have amazing DSPs with a billion features but it gets ruined with wierd stuff like restrictions on inputs and outputs. Or bluetooth seems to trip a lot of people up.

eh maybe, never competed so I am definately not the person who knows BUT I read (when I was first planning my build) one of the things that kicks you up a class is "pro audio" equipment. I think the symetrix would count. Although there are fewer and fewer SQ competion locations so it may be a mute point :)

are the outputs not assignable or something? Its funny because the ESS chips and the TI chips have amazing DSPs with a billion features but it gets ruined with wierd stuff like restrictions on inputs and outputs. Or bluetooth seems to trip a lot of people up.

They are assignable, its more about level control.

Unless I was confused, the remote knob for Sub Output could always be turned up to the full 8V. So an accidental turn of that knob could cause some major clipping or overloading the amp inputs.

I couldn't find a way to limit that output. The main volume has a limiting feature, which is nice.....until the unit glitches and decides to go full on all outputs and forget about the crossover settings......

Funny you mention Bluetooth...yet another thing I don't like about the 360.

You have to spool your Bluetooth source first before being able to select the Bluetooth input on the 360. <_<

Plus something else that really bothers me. Bluetooth functionality requires a separate module to be connected to the processor. Yet the module is included with every processor unit.

Why wouldn't they include the circuitry into the main unit if that was the case....?

The module simply slides into the unit and the connector has no latch. I find it ridiculous that an automotive product uses non-latched connectors. All the other connectors are latched (power) or detented (optical), obviously not the RCAs but they hold tight enough to not have an issue.

I was completing in dBDrag in 2014 and during one of my runs, I lost Bluetooth connectivity. So my run was screwed up. Turns out the module came loose and my trunk is sealed (for the most part) so it really shouldn't vibrate all that much.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived