you havent concidered the mosconi 6to8? German engineering at its best ;) I were going to go with that one but got such a good deal on the bit one that i bought that one instead. Even though it might look like the bit1 was not such a good deal after all. Can't get the damn thing to turn on... i had it working, and some smartass (myself) managed to short it out and blow the internal fuse, got that one changed, wich has to be done by service personel because its microscopic... got it home tried it but nope, opened it up to see if the fuse was actually intact and it was so i have no idea why its dead now. And yes it worked after i blew the fuse, i bypassed it before i delivered it to service and then it turned on.

Here you go buddy. I think with your skills, you could do it easily. Move your other stuff somewhere else. But this is bad ass and I think you should do it.

http://www.wssdriveeasy.com/bmw-335i-aftermarket-upgrades/#jp-carousel-6119

As far as processors, you know I have a soft spot in my heart for the bit one. Have you looked into the differences between the bit one and bit ten d? They are pretty similar, and the ten d is a little cheaper.

I have really been working on this SDU thing, as you know, but I'm really fighting the urge to just say eff it and just buy another bit one.

I love the Mosconi too, but after you get the modules etc, they're pretty expensive.

Having all Ampere going in my truck, I'd love to just use that as well, but I don't like the remote on that either. SO I don't know. Kind of why I went with trying to do my own thing in the first place.

Good luck man! JUST GET RID OF THAT DAMN 360!! I'd go throw it off of the Hoover Damn if I were you!

you havent concidered the mosconi 6to8? German engineering at its best ;) I were going to go with that one but got such a good deal on the bit one that i bought that one instead. Even though it might look like the bit1 was not such a good deal after all. Can't get the damn thing to turn on... i had it working, and some smartass (myself) managed to short it out and blow the internal fuse, got that one changed, wich has to be done by service personel because its microscopic... got it home tried it but nope, opened it up to see if the fuse was actually intact and it was so i have no idea why its dead now. And yes it worked after i blew the fuse, i bypassed it before i delivered it to service and then it turned on.

Yep, I looked at Mosconi. Love their stuff, but it looks like it doesn't have an optical input which I need.

The remote is cool too, but it looks a little bit big for my dash and/or center console.

If you had a Bit1 that blew its fuse and then you bypassed it, then it is probably fried. The unit must have some kind of fault and was drawing too much current, where the fuse comes into play and limits further damage by blowing. By bypassing the fuse, you've allowed it to draw as much current as it wanted which could have cause even more damage.

Might be a goner.

Here you go buddy. I think with your skills, you could do it easily. Move your other stuff somewhere else. But this is bad ass and I think you should do it.

As far as processors, you know I have a soft spot in my heart for the bit one. Have you looked into the differences between the bit one and bit ten d? They are pretty similar, and the ten d is a little cheaper.

I have really been working on this SDU thing, as you know, but I'm really fighting the urge to just say eff it and just buy another bit one.

I love the Mosconi too, but after you get the modules etc, they're pretty expensive.

Having all Ampere going in my truck, I'd love to just use that as well, but I don't like the remote on that either. SO I don't know. Kind of why I went with trying to do my own thing in the first place.

Good luck man! JUST GET RID OF THAT DAMN 360!! I'd go throw it off of the Hoover Damn if I were you!

:good:

I've looked at the Bit10 too. I think it has less channels so if I do go active, I need 8 channels so the Bit1 looked like the best and only option.

Yep, 360 might get chucked off a cliff... ;)

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Yep, I looked at Mosconi. Love their stuff, but it looks like it doesn't have an optical input which I need.

The remote is cool too, but it looks a little bit big for my dash and/or center console.

If you had a Bit1 that blew its fuse and then you bypassed it, then it is probably fried. The unit must have some kind of fault and was drawing too much current, where the fuse comes into play and limits further damage by blowing. By bypassing the fuse, you've allowed it to draw as much current as it wanted which could have cause even more damage.

Might be a goner.

I've looked at the Bit10 too. I think it has less channels so if I do go active, I need 8 channels so the Bit1 looked like the best and only option.

By the pictures on Mosconi's website, I would have thought that the 6to8 has an optical input. Unless that's not what the OPT1 and OPT2 on the input side stand for.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Might be a goner.

By the pictures on Mosconi's website, I would have thought that the 6to8 has an optical input. Unless that's not what the OPT1 and OPT2 on the input side stand for.

Ahh, I see.

You need a separate optional card (Multi SP‐DIF) that installs inside the unit.

Hmmm intriguing....and look at that...A "mini remote". That's pretty slick.

41yyO75kHML._SX425_.jpg

Now where to find one....?

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I found on on Amazon that says it's sold by Mosconi. The currency is in pounds, but after you convert it, it comes out just under $600

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

The reason the fuse blew was because the wire i used was abit to big so the positive and negative touched when i moved it to its place... To impatient so wait until the nwxt Day to buy the right wire... And i delivered it for service and they claim they tested it and it worked... And when i bypassed the fuse it turned on normally and looked fine so i dont know whats wrong now

Jamie, hit up Jon Rabe for the Mosconi pricing. He got it for me when I was looking at them. But be sitting down, ON YOUR WALLET, when he tells you. Otherwise your wallet may run out of the room yelping like a wounded dog!

That mini remote is pretty sick. I would want to see everything on the screen though, I'd opt for the bigger remote personally. But I know about how you're having difficulties already fitting everything in, so I understand.

The extra board is one of the things that pisses me off about Mosconi and this 6to8. The cost at the end of the day, when you're done adding up all the stuff you want, is much more than what the BitOne is, which comes with everything you're trying to get in the Mosconi. BitOne has the optical input already, bad ass remote already, and is very comparable to the 6to8 in quality. So I just don't understand why Mosconi would make their unit so optional and have to add boards. They do offer bluetooth that BitOne doesn't, but again, it's a plug in thing and would stick out. I'm sure you could figure out how to make it so it sits inside the case, it's alot like a breadboard, well it is a circuit board, so I'm sure you could get it hardwired in somehow to avoid the external stick option.

In my personal opinion, these are the two best units on the market. I've owned the BitOne and wish I still had one, and may buy another one after all. The Mosconi irritates me with the modules and options, but at the end of the day I wouldn't hesitate to put one in there either.

Archived