Hey you stop that shit Kyle!! That's re-gluable and completely reusable!! Stop trying to pull folks...................................ah eff it, doesn't matter, I'm just messing with you anyway!

Nice work on the numbers, I'd love to hear your rant on the 360. Time to spend the coin on that Mosconi, or Audison. Probably make life so much better!!

Glad to see you going at it again. I know all about the house stuff. My projects are piling up, waiting for that truck to get finished and running..................................oh yeah...........THAT HAPPENED SATURDAY NIGHT HA!!!!!!!! Now it's time to work on some audioz in the F250!!

Keep doing work J!! Love to see it!

Also,

if your peak is around 44, and you need a good 30s song, AIRFORCEs will get a killer score, if you are around that peak, that, or drippy drop. 44hz for days on both songs.

Both are used by many, as 44 is a ton of RES freq for cabins on many suv's.

DRIPPY DROP

(randens rig)

I can find airforces also.... its hella popular for 30s runs in the 40's

Hey you stop that shit Kyle!! That's re-gluable and completely reusable!! Stop trying to pull folks...................................ah eff it, doesn't matter, I'm just messing with you anyway!

Nice work on the numbers, I'd love to hear your rant on the 360. Time to spend the coin on that Mosconi, or Audison. Probably make life so much better!!

Glad to see you going at it again. I know all about the house stuff. My projects are piling up, waiting for that truck to get finished and running..................................oh yeah...........THAT HAPPENED SATURDAY NIGHT HA!!!!!!!! Now it's time to work on some audioz in the F250!!

Keep doing work J!! Love to see it!

Thanks dude! Yeah I'll get into the 360 here sometime, just too many issues.

Well get at it and let's see some updates.... ;)

Also,

if your peak is around 44, and you need a good 30s song, AIRFORCEs will get a killer score, if you are around that peak, that, or drippy drop. 44hz for days on both songs.

Both are used by many, as 44 is a ton of RES freq for cabins on many suv's.

DRIPPY DROP

(randens rig)

I can find airforces also.... its hella popular for 30s runs in the 40's

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh, I usually use Airforces for my music runs. :meh:

Somebody threw out Thug Motivation so in the heat of the moment I tried it out...

No good. :(

I just tossed some glue on it so we'll see how it goes. Not sure it'll bond back correctly.

The foam split and separated. Half the thickness on the cone, the other half still on the surround.

So I'm gluing foam to foam.....hmmmm.

Fingers crossed.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

i heard kyle has cookies on the other side....

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Sooo, I tossed some black rubberized CA glue on my separated foam surround and it appeared to hold OK and not look too bad.

Although I couldn't really test it out because my system wouldn't get loud. My output level was MUCH lower then it should be, even with everything cranked.

Similar situation to what I saw at the competition last weekend and previously in day to day driving. Just random lower output.

I tried testing the system yesterday in my drives to and from work where it would have been cooler outside and couldn't get any output.

Well today I had an errand to run at noon (temp in the 90's) so I took off and noticed, BOOM, output was back to normal.

Similar to the competition, my output started working when it was HOTT out.

So it is appearing like a thermally related 360.3 issue. I'll keep checking and do some more measurements but this is strange.

Anyway, the system was working and I had my settings rather high so I decided to pound on it and test out the newly glued surround.

Threw on some Rittz -For Real (DJSNT) and damn she was slammin'......

...for about a minute:

857-surround%20separate_zpsz2mwfdjk.jpg

856-surround%20separate_zpskoycqmna.jpg

:(

As I figured, the foam is compromised and separated again from the glue...

This will probably just keep happening if I keep gluing it, until the surround edge is chewed up and beyond repair.

During my errand, I left my iPadMini in my dash and found this as I got back in the car 30mins later:

858-ipad%20overheat_zpsipojxeoo.jpg

I just can't win today.......................

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

Dude you Coloradians just can't win! Once day it's flooding, the next it's en fuego!!

You know, just as a thought, on mine I thought about this too since our summers are pretty warm here in Cali. I have to remove a vent on the dash to get my 12" tablet to fit anyway, so I'm going to do a hole in the back of the tablet mount, and run a vent from the OEM vent tube to that. Then when it is hot out, it will be cooled by the A/C that I'll have on. I'll probably make it close-able so that I can just pull the tablet off and close it if it's getting too cold. I don't often use the heater in the winter so I don't think that'll be an issue. I may not have to either. Right now I have my phone on a mount that mounts to the vent and so the A/C is blowing directly on it, and it's always on due to me being fat and always hot. I've not seen any issues with the phone due to it being too cold.

Anyway, I said all that, because maybe it would be an option to make a vent tube to go into your tablet mount to cool the iPad. Just a thought.

Sucks about the sub. Sorry to see it didn't stay. Guess I didn't really expect it to though. Time for a full carbon recone :peepwall:

Dude you Coloradians just can't win! Once day it's flooding, the next it's en fuego!!

You know, just as a thought, on mine I thought about this too since our summers are pretty warm here in Cali. I have to remove a vent on the dash to get my 12" tablet to fit anyway, so I'm going to do a hole in the back of the tablet mount, and run a vent from the OEM vent tube to that. Then when it is hot out, it will be cooled by the A/C that I'll have on. I'll probably make it close-able so that I can just pull the tablet off and close it if it's getting too cold. I don't often use the heater in the winter so I don't think that'll be an issue. I may not have to either. Right now I have my phone on a mount that mounts to the vent and so the A/C is blowing directly on it, and it's always on due to me being fat and always hot. I've not seen any issues with the phone due to it being too cold.

Anyway, I said all that, because maybe it would be an option to make a vent tube to go into your tablet mount to cool the iPad. Just a thought.

Sucks about the sub. Sorry to see it didn't stay. Guess I didn't really expect it to though. Time for a full carbon recone :peepwall:

I actually do have an air duct right behind my iPad mount.

To those that remember way back in the beginning of my build, I had to do some intense in-dash modifications to make a double DIN head unit fit.

21-vent-cutout.jpg

29-notch-complete.jpg

It doesn't blow directly on the iPad but that little area does change with the adjusted temperature.

I kicked the AC on full blast and enough residual air got to the iPad and cooled it off.

So that is a workable feature, just something I'll have to watch out for in the future.

It damn near shut me down while I was still in the lanes.... :o

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

BIG day today.

My little M3 is all growns up!

This just happened this morning:

M3-100k_zpszjx8lcbe.jpg

...and of course the temperature cooperated to add some humor to the picture..... ;)

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived