just came back from car audio store....

so i just came back from this car audio store....they carry good brands at bad prices LOL but i noticed a room to the left as soon as i walked in..... i went to look and its a sound room....very small- fits 2 car seats and a center console. all with diamond audio 15"s and component sets....pioneer double din and 3 screens..... had 8 15"s to be exact....and i think 4 monoblock amps i would guess to be about 1k rms a piece....maybe less. so i turned the system on and started going through songs til i found one i knew hit hard......wow was i dissapointed...... with 8 15s in a small room in a wall and ported that shit should SLAM..... but it doesnt.... i mean it was loud but i was at least expecting above what i would guess to be a 145.......at least make my clothes move or my hat vibrate a lil bit..... nope. 8 fucking 15s and no clothes or hat flex..... i would consider that a fail.

opinions?

but on the good side..... it was very clean sounding...maybe a sql setup or just sq? hmmz.....

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

how did they have it all set up? like from the seats where were the speakers? where were the subs? and i'm with Orian...its prolly to help protect ppl from blowing stuff.

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

Maybe they have the gains down so people dont blow shit up.

I think that's what the best buy here does cause I swear everytime I go in the Kenwood head unit sw level is +15 & bass boost on level 2 (Max) so when you even everything out it's pretty quiet even when using their largest kicker amp which iirc is 1000w. They've just gotta be safe.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

bout 6 inchs from the back of the seats was a wall..... with all 8 15s and the components were everywhere.....amps mounted in the center console, and yea your probably right about the gains being turned down.....cuz the subs were BARELY moving......i had that shit at like 36 of 40 and maybe saw around 1 inch of excursion all together.....it sounded good though....louder than what i got LOL

bad placement maybe.....probably a mixture of everything....but its not like they have it already on.....you hafta turn the breaker on first so everything gets power.....normal people wouldnt know how to do that......only people in the car audio world.....didnt sound like it was clipping at all..... even though you cant hear it....ha. but damn i was wanting a demo of 8 15s damnit! i was not impressed..... twas a let down......bad. was like tryin to go down on a hot azz chick and then finding out she was hairier than fucking bigfoot .....just a plain fucking letdown..... :bull:

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq