XS Power

so a buddy has 3 d975's for sale (about 100 bucks each)

less than 3 months old

im wondering if that will be enough of a battery bank for my 2 soundstream rubicon 2500d's (5000rms)

i have a 275 singer amp ordered and on its way along with tons of 1/0 (going to do 3-4 runs of pos/neg)

i remember being told to get 3 d3100s (1 up front and 2 in the back) but that seems like HELLA overkill (15,000amps??!?!?!??!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?) along with a crazy sales pitch lol

i am going to replace my start batt with atleast a d1200 or anything that can fit

the system will not be on without the truck running!

i just cant afford to blow a little under 1000 dollars in batteries for only 5000rms

let know thanks!

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/69019-xs-power-battery-wattage-guide/ here the link to the XS wattage guide, you´ll will

be fine with your plan. If you cant place 3 batts or want have to do with the hassele of bussbars or wiring them, buy 1 D 3100 and the biggest

baddes waht you can place under the hood.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/69019-xs-power-battery-wattage-guide/ here the link to the XS wattage guide, you´ll will

be fine with your plan. If you cant place 3 batts or want have to do with the hassele of bussbars or wiring them, buy 1 D 3100 and the biggest

baddes waht you can place under the hood.

Thanks I was hoping the 3 d975s would be enough... along with a decent battery upfront.

I read the guide already it said one d975 can put out a Max of 2100 amps so I figured 3 of them would do the trick and I'm getting them for almost 100 dollars less than a d3100

I don't want to cut corners or cheap out but I think I'll just buy my friends

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

with my "simple" understanding of the rating on the XS power batts (that's giving me alot of credit lol)

3 D975s = 6300 max amps

1 D3100 = 5000 max amps

so with 3 of the D975s in the back supplying most of the power and a D1200 (or bigger gotta still measure the stock battery location)

im looking at 8000+ max amps from just batteries?

and with a singer 275a alt picking up some of the slack (150-160a at idle) i cant see voltage dropping to much

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know you guys like to push the D3100s onto everyone but honestly for the price im getting the D975s i dont think im going to complain if i hit 13.4v on a voltage drop

if i drop any lower then i will ad a few more in the back...

and it will still be cheaper than getting 3 D3100s

(not trying to be cocky so please dont take offense)

Edited by Bear Gri11z

realistically you might be fine,for a burp, but daily abuse its not gonna work. You will most likely kill your reserve in about 20 mins and then the alt will struggle to recharge the batts. Theres nothing wrong with the d975s, but I would tell you run no less then 5 or 6. And if you used if you used 3100s I would tell you to use 2 in the rear.

Edited by corona_jeff

realistically you might be fine,for a burp, but daily abuse its not gonna work. You will most likely kill your reserve in about 20 mins and then the alt will struggle to recharge the batts. Theres nothing wrong with the d975s, but I would tell you run no less then 5 or 6. And ifyou used if you used 3100s I would tell you to use 2 in the rear.

Thanks for the info guys !

I already paid my friend for them and he is gonna ship them tomorrow so I guess I'll just keep adding if I need it..

I don't park and pound in town too often

Mostly driving but never in town at full tilt...

I get a .5-.8 drop out of a mechman 270 and 2xp3000 a d3400 and a stock battery. On a dc 5k at wired at .7ohm ( havnt clamped) and a highs amp.

From 14.4v?

Damn mine will be pretty bad then lol. So should I do the 3 d975s and a d3400 in back? Or add a d3100 to the back?

No doubt in my mind that a d1200 will fit in stock location