does conearea applie to mids and highs

so is wiring but we still ziptie those. why do that if you cant see it :)

also dont use adapters like those plastic crap ones. you need sopmethign rigid that the sound doesnt resonate.

also that much deadener on that door is pretty much not doing much of anything lol

or you can always by an adapter

http://www.ebay.com/...c#ht_770wt_1163

The problem with those is that they're made for bitch speakers...(the holes are really small) and if you try to widen it up you'll crack it.

I tried that first lol....

prefferably cleaner cuts as well :)

Meh, it's behind the door.

the magnet cant be bigger than the speaker. then you would need a bigger hole that you wouldnt be able to screw the speaker

also dont use adapters like those plastic crap ones. you need sopmethign rigid that the sound doesnt resonate.

also that much deadener on that door is pretty much not doing much of anything lol

Not my pics haha, I probably should've made that clear.

The deadener is fine, he applied it to the flat surfaces because the curved areas are already resistant to vibrations. You could always shoot for 100% (or near 100%) coverage but it doesn't do you much good.

or you can always by an adapter

http://www.ebay.com/...c#ht_770wt_1163

The problem with those is that they're made for bitch speakers...(the holes are really small) and if you try to widen it up you'll crack it.

I tried that first lol....

prefferably cleaner cuts as well :)

Meh, it's behind the door.

the magnet cant be bigger than the speaker. then you would need a bigger hole that you wouldnt be able to screw the speaker

No, the basket of the speaker won't fit in the hole and when you try to widen it, it just cracks. I can take a pic if you need.

The deadener is fine, he applied it to the flat surfaces because the curved areas are already resistant to vibrations. You could always shoot for 100% (or near 100%) coverage but it doesn't do you much good.

most of those places are a waste of deadener and time. . sealing off the door is where its at, and concentrating behind the driver and around it.

most of those places are a waste of deadener and time. . sealing off the door is where its at, and concentrating behind the driver and around it.

Hmmm...I see what you mean now. I wouldn't want to seal a door with deadener (not to say that that's what you meant, you seem pretty smart lol) because you'd have hell if something went wrong inside the door. But hey you gotta start somewhere right?

EDIT: Separating the front waves from back waves will net you the greatest improvement in sound. I'm sure you know that but I'm agreeing.

Edited by aN-i-No

For SQ, I always suggest using MLV to seal the door instead of sound deadener.

MLV provides a more acoustically sound plane to mount the speaker to and because of the density/mass of the material, the sound (both front and rear projected waves) are unlikely to mix. This is how you are able to achieve really awesome sound quality while also blocking some of the pesky unwanted noise from the outside environment.

I agree, use MDF or plywood for the baffle. The plastic ones aren't so good... lol

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

that pics step one, the other stuff gets layed on top of the deadener normally, between the door and door panel. some get it inside as well but others dont obviously.