Second Skin Audio

It kind of depends on how fast the Spectrum dries in-between coats. If it's warm enough you can just keep going and get it all spared.

But what I typically end up doing when building up layers is apply it to all the surfaces I need/want and then:

- Empty the spray gun of whatever Spectrum is in it (if it's not already empty).

- Unscrew the bottle and toss it in some water.

- Disconnect the gun from the air supply.

- Throw the gun into the water.

And I just leave it there. When you're ready to apply another coat, just pull it all out of the water, blot it dry, put more Spectrum into the bottle, and get back to work. :)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Hands down the coolest product I have tried in a long time.

I would suggest thin coats so it dries more consistent. I got a little excited and used more at one time then I should have and it took a little longer then expected to dry between coats.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Damn Jon, why couldnt you have posted this a few years ago........

When I started I have the Fatmat on my front doors. I found myself being lazy and didnt want to peal that crap off. It just wasnt doing enough. SO I got a gallon on spectrum and a sprayer and went to town over the fatmat....Needless to say I got carried away and used a half gallon per door. Neither are coming off now.

I would suggest a simple layer of damplifier first and spectrum over top. Or just the spectrum really

1. corona did the spectrum stick to the fatmat? i am wondering as if i should spray it on the truck first then put the fatmat over top? what will deaden the most? and what will hold the longest?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Spectrum was designed to stick to bare metal... this is not to say that it won't adhere to other things.

Jeff used Spectrum to insure that his FatMat won't come off and in fact we've actually had several people use this technique. We DON'T RECOMMEND it simply because we can't guarantee that the base product (which in this case is FatMat) will remain adhered to the panel... the last thing we would want is for our Spectrum to peel off because the FatMat failed (seen it before!).

And I can say with nearly 100% certainty that Spectrum applied the same thickness as FatMat (which is like 50-60 mils) will out perform it.

usa_render4.png

Ok so I won't be applying it to carnage lol thanks for all the help. One more ? What size tip is used to spray it? Or does it matter?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

I was just asked that questions yesterday by another member.

Here is my answer:

The smallest tip I've ever ran Spectrum through was a 1.8mm. This was on an HVLP gun and the Spectrum was thinned down quite a bit too. Produced a super smooth finish but took forever to complete.

If you'll be using an HVLP, get the largest tip (which is typically 3mm or so).

Of course an actual undercoating gun works best, like the one we sell or most any sold at auto stores.

usa_render4.png