Lexus IS-F Sound System install - Custom SMD VM-1/OM-1/TM-1f Dash Piece (update page 71)

Good catching the issue before final assembly. I like the new side panels better, gives the truck some more syling.

If you are wrapping the panels, I think on the seams a nice "french" stitch would bring the interior cabin upholstery into the trunk, really keeping it classy!

the panels will be wrapped in black leather like the interior..........with blue french seams at all the breaks. The center "plugs" will have black suede to match the inserts of my seats. The plug that covers the actual box will have the F logo embroidered the exact same size as the F logo that is on the box.

Oh yeah that will look amazing!! I am really looking forward to it finished now. Who is doing your stitch work?

Sean Kat - Kat Kustoms (Gearhead Garage). Same guy i always use. I do basic to advanced wrapping on my own but if it involves a sewing machine, i am done for. Thats why i call the best. I already called him and told him to be ready :D

Oh yeah, he does great work! They will turn out amazing!

Yeah I plan on purchasing a sewing machine when I get a house! There is good money in it, when you prove your skill! Ive been doing trim work since '05'!!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Lol at least you stayed somewhat calm. I woulda thrown the whole thing across the shop. Hahaha u do great work Meade. Call me an 'ass kisser' but you are my inspiration . Your work is so clean and tight. I'd love to be able to do that. One last question , what are those little arc things you used on the nos panel??

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Hey Steve, you sure are an inspiration. Love all the build pix and vids. I gotta make me some of those corner templates! Inners & outers on the same peice. I have some clear drafting templates but they are too light duty for shop work. Looks like I'll be picking up some 1/8 or 1/4 inch plexi.

Also, I had a small problem soldering on one of my eyelets on my 1/0 power cable. The local supplier only had crimp on eyelets but I soldered them anyway. I used 1/0 welding cable. I picked up a little hand torch like I'd seen you use on your ends. Worked great btw! Anyway, The crimp on ends were the closed end type. So I had to solder them upside down, cable in from the top. I was putting an end on an 8 inch cable between the bat and the fuse. So I'm heating the end and the solder wouldn't melt. Seemed to take forever to heat up. Then when it started to melt the eyelet wouldn't fill up. Finally it did. When I was finished I was checking all the ends and only that one was solid several inches up the cable. It was wicking up the cable without filling the eyelet. The copper wire was getting hot without the eyelet heating properly. Is that why you use the open end eyelets and clamp the cable instead? That was my first time soldering 1/0.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by Mike Whitenton

It looks fucking incredible Steve. I hope you video the install and set up of the 3sixty.3. I'm really interested in that piece. And your components. I've been thinking of changing up my components but not sure which brand would sound the best.