Audi A4 Avant - 2 Fi SP4 15 - SPL Dynamics D6 (6kwrms) - Dual 210a Alts [Boot Install]

Looks great!

MY BUILD LOG: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/146568-late-80s-ibiza-build-log-2-15-in-954-cu-ft-eu/

JVC KD-R801 Head unit

6 x Zacks CMR 165.2MKIIIB (6.5")

2 x Zacks PTW 345 tweeters (5" aluminum horn)

2 x Zacks PTW 445 supertweeters (10.6" classic horn)

1 x JBL GTO 14001E D Class

1 x JBL GTO 1400 A/B Class

2 x Zacks Race 100.15 subwoofers

1 x FAM Supernova 120Ah AGM battery

I'm sure they'll sound lovely and ensure that passerby envy you.

I hope so :)

A quick pic of the Brembo goodies I'm treating the car to:

d0416590.jpg

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

Good stuff. Being a European i know those engine bays are stuffed to the max so.

Hows the engine holding up when drawing that much power? Is it a PD or Common Rail TDi?

Where abouts are you from?

It's a PD130. So far the second alt hasn't been wired up, just spinning freely so not sure how it's going to hold up with the power. However I spoke to quite a few people in the know and they commented saying it should be fine as the ac pump that the alt is replacing would take up a similar amount of engine power so shouldn't be a mega strain.

Audi A4 Avant

Boot Install

two alternator in a Audi A4 very nice... does somebody here have two alternators in a Audi A4 b5 ...because i need some more Power in my Audi A4 b5 avant.

I am looking for the right alternator allready over 1year and i dont know witch brand and so on ...import from USA is also very interesting but also expensive because of the tax... If from USA i thought about Mechman or Ohio alternators, are there any other options in a good price class?

Or something from europe that would be even much better for me.

I thought about one 300A alternator or if it is possible to install in my Audi A4 b5 avant 1.8T then better two of them.

any suggestions please?

best regards ricardo from czech republik

two alternator in a Audi A4 very nice... does somebody here have two alternators in a Audi A4 b5 ...because i need some more Power in my Audi A4 b5 avant.

I am looking for the right alternator allready over 1year and i dont know witch brand and so on ...import from USA is also very interesting but also expensive because of the tax... If from USA i thought about Mechman or Ohio alternators, are there any other options in a good price class?

I thought about one 300A alternator or if it is possible to install in my Audi A4 b5 avant 1.8T then better two of them.

any suggestions please?

Ohio Generators will build you a custom alternator and you can get it externally regulated for an adjustable voltage and maximum output. That is what I would recommend for a single alternator setup.

I'm gonna hate

any suggestions please?

I'm pretty sure the alts I have running on my B6 should fit to your B5 without too much hassle. Like I said earlier they are labelled as 210a but we've seen 250a+ out of them at 2krpm engine speed. They come from a few Renault models and the actual alternator is made by Mitsubishi. When I replaced my original alt it was a simple bolt in job but the pulley needed offsetting ever so slightly.

The alt itself has many different part numbers, the one I have down is 8200654785. You should be able to find this alt local to you but if not I know someone here in the UK that should be able to supply you, as the Czech Republic is in the EU you shouldn't have an duties to pay.

The down side to using these alts is that as standard they come with an internal regulator set at around 13.8-14v, to get the most out of these alts you need to deregulate them and fit an external regulator. If you was to purchase using the supplier I used they can deregulate the alternator for you and supply it with the external regulator module.

As for fitting a second alt, I can't really say. Do you have an air con pump fitted? Really you need to have a good mechanic at hand to have a look and see where you can bolt in a second alt.

I got both my alternators supplied and fitted for under £1000 as a guide for you, I can see why buying from America doesn't look too attractive - a quick calculation shows you'd be paying around 17000koruna for a single alt delivered from Mechman whereas I paid approx 29000koruna for both mine fully fitted including custom fabrication for the second alt and a brand new belt.

Audi A4 Avant

Boot Install

Right some more pics. Went to see the installer yesterday and got to have a look at one of the SP4s. A nice fully loaded Fi SP4 15 finished with a red Fi dust cap, enjoy :)

480a2c05.jpg

f2d3b508.jpg

20ac0a75.jpg

20ea68fa.jpg

Haha, who's hiding behind the box?

But seriously, I'm loving your build.

I have a real problem with throwing my money away on non fuel efficent vehicles,

so I'm really enjoying watching your build.

One question. How much have you seen your fuel efficency drop since the installation of the

second alt? Thanks.

Archived