Second Skin Audio

How much port should this 4th order have?

BEEMDUB

Kinda hard to explain without pictures, but I'll give it a shot lol:

Build the box like normal, then make the front where the port is going to go a double baffle. The inside piece is going to have a hole large enough to let you get in and access the subs, and the outer piece is going to have a larger hole so it creates a lip to mount your removable ports. This lip is where you are going to put the barbed insert nuts. Next you can build whatever sized ports you want to experiment with an around the outside of the port you will have another lip that fits the hole of the outer baffle and you will have holes drilled in it where the insert nuts are so you can bolt the port to the box.

Hope this made sense :pardon:

Kinda hard to explain without pictures, but I'll give it a shot lol:

Build the box like normal, then make the front where the port is going to go a double baffle. The inside piece is going to have a hole large enough to let you get in and access the subs, and the outer piece is going to have a larger hole so it creates a lip to mount your removable ports. This lip is where you are going to put the barbed insert nuts. Next you can build whatever sized ports you want to experiment with an around the outside of the port you will have another lip that fits the hole of the outer baffle and you will have holes drilled in it where the insert nuts are so you can bolt the port to the box.

Hope this made sense :pardon:

ha took a hard minute of concentration put I think I get what your saying :D do you mean kinda like the port would have a "frame" type piece around it and would fit into the lip made by the double baffle?

Yea, think of the way a sub in a flush mount baffle sits. It's kinda the same thing. I'll see if I can find a picture of what I'm talking about.

oh dear... this seems like it's getting more complicated than it should be. what i've noticed with 4th orders, is that a lot of port area is usually a good thing. make the port a completely separate piece from the rest of the box.

here's a little pic of my friend's 4th order. the whole front face with the port attached is removable. there's about 2 inches of overhang on each side to attach it to the box

389627_326772067392398_100001788232162_800196_1132936613_n.jpg

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

oh dear... this seems like it's getting more complicated than it should be. what i've noticed with 4th orders, is that a lot of port area is usually a good thing. make the port a completely separate piece from the rest of the box.

here's a little pic of my friend's 4th order. the whole front face with the port attached is removable. there's about 2 inches of overhang on each side to attach it to the box

389627_326772067392398_100001788232162_800196_1132936613_n.jpg

ok so basically in this instance instead of making the lip that smaller square that is centered with the port attached to it just overlaps the front baffle? also how did he screw it in that it wont strip out?

Archived