Jump to content

Are Headphone amplifiers worth it?


Recommended Posts

Posted

i think the dd budds are the worse earbuds ive ever had. so terrible i wouldnt give them to someone i hate. they break all the damn time. and so fucking overhyped.

Posted

Since I don't have my ipod anymore I actually did notice last night that my S4's aren't really that loud afterall haha. Even with my Itunes volume and computer volume maxed but at the same time its loud enough and the music doesn't hurt my ears like my old cheap Skull Candy buds did. I may end up going with the E6 that way I don't spend too much money on something I won't use too much.

If the DD's don't work out for you Maebros I high recommend the Klipsch S4's that I linked on the 1st page, found out about them on here and worth every penny haha. Bass is more than enough, mids and highs clear. Last night I medicated with a bowl and then went into my room and put on Five Finger Death Punch "Bad Company" and just zoned out lol. When I first got them I listened to the Millenium concert version of Hotel California and seriously it sounded like I was at the concert. With these earbuds I was also able to notice that the beginning of Jim Jones "Summer with Miami" actually circles around your head, I had never heard it before.

thanks i might just check them out

i think the dd budds are the worse earbuds ive ever had. so terrible i wouldnt give them to someone i hate. they break all the damn time. and so fucking overhyped.

what would you recommend for a good pair of earbuds then. im really open to any suggestions and price isnt really an issue. ( within reason of course)

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Posted

s4 are well rounded

ultimate ears are pretty cool

check out headfi for in depth reviews on a ton of IEM's

Posted

Well, From the few days I've had the E6. For 26$ it makes all of my headphones and ear buds sound a lot better Especially my Gym ear buds! It was a good idea to get it. if someones not looking for too much I think the E6 is good for the price.

  • 3 months later...
Posted

I just got the E6 the other day from Amazon, $30, ordered Monday and arrived on Wednesday instead of the Thurs/Fri expected date. I'm loving it, There is much more clarity and warmth to the already great S4's. I even used it with my HTC inspire and it made it sound even better, I'm wondering, do you think it would make a difference in my car if using it with my phone and connected to my AUX cable? Since my HTC sounds like crap when connected straight to the 3.5, volume output is terrible

I put my computers volume to full then do about 20-25 clicks on the E6, for my phone its around 30-33 clicks.

@Tyga, I went to Best Buy earlier in the year and they had 2 different Bose and 2 different Beats headphones for listening, the 2nd Bose (I think $200) sounded way better than the Beats that were $100 more. I haven't really listened to any other headphones, I know Sennheisers are supposed to be really good.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

sennheisers arent really good sounding until you get into the crazy priced ones. and no thanks on no highs no lows bose.

Grados, hifiman, AKG, staxx are awesome ive got to hear them but dont own them. I love my AKG702's enough that i havent touched my audiotechnicas and i loved those.

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Well my S4's are fakes, bought them from XcessBuy and just found out they are not an authorized dealer. SMDH. I think I was in denial and wanting to believe they sounded good. They are $35 right now on Amazon directly shipped from them and they are authorized. Thinking about ordering them since they have been like $50 the past few days so I know they will go up but not sure since somebody on Head-fi said to get some better ones since they can't compete since they are an older model. I just bought some ATH M50 headphones a few weeks ago but need some buds and knowing these are fake is pissing me off.

Also, don't buy FiiO products from Amazon, the are most likely fakes. Sonicelectronix is legit.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

Had them since January and the "Klipsch" on each bud hasn't even worn off which ppl said they are fake if they wear off fast by themselves, however by scratching it with my nail a bit I was able to make a little of the L and i come off but that seems normal. They do sound good, a bit sibilant but that is how they are from what I've read. They were "Used" so I only got them in the carrying case and I saw the arrow on the can would have squared off points if its fake and this looked legit, along with the same arrow on the back of each bud.

I actually got some Comply T-100 tips for them today and they def helped the bass so I guess I'm getting a better seal than with the stock tips. It did change the sound of them but in a good way, it really reduced the sibilance. I only listened for maybe 20min but I am enjoying the change, will def be my gym pair since the foam tips will keep the left bud in my ear unlike the stock one.

Since I'm still not 100% they are legit I emailed Amazon and told them that XcessBuy is listed by Klipsch as not being authorized and I believe they are fake, although unauthorized doesn't mean fake, I also asked them for a refund for the hell of it. To my surprise he granted me a one time exception and refunded me the $51 and said he will look into the company. Now I had $51 that I could use towards a product on Amazon that was shipped through Amazon LLC, so I set out to head-fi looking for a good pair of IEMs for about that price and after a few hours settled on some Thinksound Rain. Not a well known IEM and that's kinda what I wanted, something unique. I just got them today and have been listening to them the past couple of hours, did about 45min of the JLab Audio burn in test for fun, the rest all my music. These things are damn nice, the bass is clean and tight, the details are clear right out the box. They also have Thunder versions which are more geared for enhanced bass with not AS detailed mids/highs, this one the TS01 is actually only $40 or the newer TS02 is $80.

http://www.amazon.com/Thinksound-Definition-Passive-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B002VKBMU4/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355018159&sr=1-5&keywords=thinksound

Oh yeah, ontopic about amps, I ordered the FiiO E07K which was just released on Nov. 29th. Supposed to be better than the E7 but without the driving force of the E17's amp but I dont need that since my M50's are only 38ohm and E17 is expensive as fawk lol. $95 shipped off Amazon through Micca Store Distributor.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2502 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...