I use rubber faucet washer from any hardware store, as long as the wood has been kiln dried and isn't wet you should be fine. If you want you can get a sheet of ABS plastic for like 8 bucks and cut it to fit under the bar completely then do like CJ18 suggested and over size the hole and put a rubber washer between the screw and the aluminum.

Yeah I might just get some sort of hollow square plastic tube and cut it so I can screw the bottom to the wood and thread a bolt on the top for the bar.. had a bran flash this morinng lol

Edited by Amart88

grab a car battery and some jumper cables. Clamp the cables to the battery (ensure the other end clamps are not touching), clamp the negative of the other end to one end of the wood. Grab a multimeter and turn it on to volts dc. Clamp one of the leads to the positive jumper cable clamp and touch the other lead to the wood. Shit, dig it in a bit if you want. If you get ANY voltage reading your wood sucks! I am just kidding, sort of. If you get a voltage reading then for some reason no one could convince me of that wood is conductive. If not, which I am sure of there will be no need to insulate the wood.

But you will see very quickly that a 2x4 can act as an insulator and that you will be just fine without all of the extra protective measures...