dodge magnum dash conversion question

I am converting my dodge magnum to a double din. To buy the double din dash kit is around $150. I was thinkin i could convert the stock one with a little fiberglass and resin. basicly wrap the old one and glass a new face one it. Is this okay to do? and if so how to i cut fiberglass? just a regular jigsaw?

eh, Ive used a jigsaw before....its not terrible, just definitely don't use a blade made for wood on it. the metal cutting blades work better since the teeth are much smaller. they won't bite as much as blades made for wood. but Id agree that the dremel would probably be your best bet.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

A variable speed jigsaw would be better if that's all you have. I would make it close with the jigsaw then hand sand the last bit. The LAST thing you want is to cut too much.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I wouldnt use any fiberglass at all.

Def should invest into a dremel, I use mine for everything and had it for about 7-8 year now. Time for a new one though.

As for jig saw, fine tooth blade should be fine but you would need to go easy with it. With dremel you have so many attachments and way more control then with a jigsaw.

Archived