Just got my DD-1, so frustrated..

I have a 300 which is identical (interior wise) to your charger. The stock HU and the stock speakers are pretty decent for stock. When "testing" the door speakers will make noise unless you know unplug them. Its either unplug them or ignore the sound. Either way the speakers will be fine just do what the booklet says.. takes less than 10 mins max. If you can't hanle a little noise then you should just sell your subs no lie.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Pretty sure it says track 1 for subs and track 2 for mids and highs.

Your testing your sub amp and are complaining cuz your door speakers are playing the test tone?

Your door speakers are only hooked up to the HU?

Time for a 4 ch. to easily disconnect the speakers lol

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I'm not blaming the DD-1 for anything at all. I apologize if that was taken from my post. It's just too much of a headache to start tearing the car apart when I've seen videos and everything where nobody disconnects their speakers. Why is the test tone so bass'y? Maybe I should just reset the headunit to factory in case I missed some settings that are making it too loud.

Haha. why is the 40hz test tone so bass'y? its a BASS test tone. It's like saying why is this water wet.....

2000 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER

current system

(1) Pioneer DEH P8300UB

(2) Massive audio nx4 mids and highs amps

(2) Soundstream sst-654N

(2) Soundstream sm-654N

(4) Soundstream sme-574P

(4) Massive audio ct1-a aluminum dome tweeters

(4) soundstream sst-05 bullet tweeters

(2) Soundstream x3.182 subs

(1) Cactus Sounds k5

XS power batts

Mechman alt

you do know you dont have to have your deck set to the point of almost clipping??? you say it starts making your mids go nuts at vol 20 set everything to vol 19 you know your not clipping at the deck.......

you can set deck volume anywhere you please as long as its not clipping

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I would just take the doors off, unplug the speakers and do the test the right way this way its done right the first time so you dont have to do it again. Believe you will feel better knowing your system is playing at its best. Next purchase should be a good 4 channel its a night and day difference in sound and control when you amp your speakers.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Look at post #11, i told you the easiest way to do this already.

ok so lets say his deck gos to vol 30 befor clipping he sets his amp up at vol 30 but his mids can't take the power at vol 30 so now what? his bass is nice and set before clipping but when he plays it he has to blow up his mids?

you should never have to unhook speakers to do settings

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Ok all of my filters and everything were reset. I didn't mean why is it so bass'y as in "WHY IS A 40hz TONE BASS'y", I meant that prior to starting this my mids never hit that level, for obvious reasons. When I reset my head unit, it turned my HPF off, so my mids were getting the tone. I put the HPF back on the head unit and was able to test everything without it being ridiculously loud now lol.

So my non-clipping HU volume max is 47, 48 distorts. I put track 7 on, shot the gain up until it distorted and backed down. I was just listening to some stuff at around 35 (mind you prior to the DD-1 my system has never been passed 22) and shit I'm getting so much more from the midrange. Not enough bass, though. So, what would the best course of action be? Since my SUB LEVEL on my HU was set to 0, should I set that to 6 and re-gain at like 30-35? If I went to 47 I'd for sure blow my mids, which would only push me to install new ones so it's not a bad idea. My 12 takes a BEATING from my jbl bp1200.1, I'm just not 100% sure how to continue. I'm thinking SUB LEVEL to 6, no bass boost on the amp and no other settings, just HPF/LPF/SUB LEVEL.