Second Skin Audio

Can I use aero ports ?

I have 2 18 ssa icons walked off n my

Car

Port straight down the middle 33

By 7.25 and 19 deep it's tuned real

Low around 33 good for

Music not great for competing I was wondering if I could cut a piece of mdf to basically seal off the port but put an aero port(s) in the removable piece tuned to around maybe 41hz if this

Would work and still b tuned at what the aero ports are tuned at didn't kno if the already port inside would affect

It

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

I think it would "work" if the aeros are inside the box...cant say for sure if it would do what you are hoping though

If the aeros are sticking out of the box (for some reason thats what I thought you were talking about at first) then it would just be tuning you even lower since your port length is extending

Team NorthWestSPL

But wouldn't the aeros be technically still inside of the origanal port therefore the tuning of the aero would not be accurate? I'm tying to picture what your saying.

Edited by Amart88

Yeah it would be inside the original port an I was trying to figure if that would affect the aero port tuning picture a regular box

2 subs port n middle

But removable piece over the port with aeros is what I'm going for

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Yeah it would be inside the original port an I was trying to figure if that would affect the aero port tuning picture a regular box

2 subs port n middle

But removable piece over the port with aeros is what I'm going for

Yeah, Im by no means an expert but it could possibly work. I think It would be tricky because usually you use aeros instead of a slot port not IN a slot port so the tuning would be off from what you think it would be. You still have to take the original ports legnth and tuning into the equasion.

Edited by Amart88

The tuning would be the same since there is no way for the air to escape through the original port accept now through the new aeros which are going to be shorter than the original slot since its going for a higher tuning. So just tune for the aeros like you would in a regular box but take the volume of the slot port into account for the box's air space/volume.

Then it would just come down to the question of lost efficiency due to the location of the ports inside the slot and how the air flows in the box.

I would say go for it. You dont have much to lose. And if it doesnt work it shouldn't be hard to sell some 6 inch aeros and get your money back

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL