Sonic Electronix

I need some help with my set up. Nasty amp pops on and off.

2009 Mazda tribute

Clarion nx501

JL 300/4

JL 500/1v2

Sundown sa12

2 Farad cap

4 gauge power and grounds.

Yellowntop under hood

So I just got a 2006 us amps md2d, after having it in for a few weeks its starting to pop when I turn car on and off? Went back to 500/1 and it went away....... now it there really faint. Had my md2d tested and it all good. Changed rcs to monster rca's (I know over priced, on sale though for $8). RE did all grounds, down to bare metal. Have another ground off battery to chasis. I'm 100% lost on what to do. Oh and when md2d was popping my rears started to get a high pitch noise. Went away with 500/1 in.

Any help would be great.

Might be a stupid question but do you have your RCA and power wire run on the same side of your car? Or running close to each other at least? That wouldnt cause the popping noise but it might cause the high pitch whine you are hearing. You're ground isn't loose at all right?

EDIT: Just realized you have a cap, get rid of it.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Trying grounding your rcas on the amp itself

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Archived