Sonic Electronix

If they're d4 subs then you can wire them to 1ohm or 4ohms. And like trey dog said they were probably wired to 1ohm.. I would've had them wired to 4ohms.

The amp is stable from 1.5-4 ohms. Anything under can cause damage to the amp. So I can't have wired to 1.

You sure as hell can have it wired to 1 ohm. If you didn't install it then don't tell us that you can't have it wired that low. I'm guessing gains weren't set right, you were clipping the subs. They blew.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

You sure as hell can have it wired to 1 ohm. If you didn't install it then don't tell us that you can't have it wired that low. I'm guessing gains weren't set right, you were clipping the subs. They blew.

Im saying that it says right on Jl Audio's website that anything under 1.5 ohms can cause damage to the amp.

And I'm asking you, how do you know your amp wasn't being damaged? Unless you can tell me right now what the amp read at the speaker inputs with a dmm, then sit back and learn.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Im saying that it says right on Jl Audio's website that anything under 1.5 ohms can cause damage to the amp.

Just because an amp can be damaged below what it's stable at doesn't mean it can't go that far.. People run 1 ohm stable amps at .5 which in terms can give you more power, but your taking the risk of messing up your amp.. Go buy a DDM from Radioshack for 20 bucks, put each end inside the terminals on the box and tell us what it reads.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

he probably wired it to 1 with some 22 gauge speaker wire so the amps probably seeing 5 ohms or so if i had to guess.

Edit for nonsensical post

the wire would melt

Also man, being as nice as I can the dude that set up your speakers could have POSSIBLY not known what he was doing.. or just didn't care. If it's a shop then take it back.

Check out my build log:

he probably wired it to 1 with some 22 gauge speaker wire so the amps probably seeing 5 ohms or so if i had to guess.

Edit for nonsensical post

the wire would melt

Not before his 24 gauge ground ;)

Check out my build log:

Archived