XS Power

I have an XS power intellicharger 100E5 (brand new first time ever used) It's in the other room charging 2 xp3000's and a D2700 in paralell. It has been charging now for about 2 hours and it just made a really loud whistling sound that faded away and the house lights dimmed for a second. Is this normal? I've never used these chargers before, It caught me off gaurd and scared the shit out of me lol.

It's set at 25 amps, XS agm mode 12 volt. I wa stold to leave it all night but I'm kind of keeping an eye on it before I go to sleep.

Edited by Amart88

That is strange. Did it do it any more?

Not that I have noticed but I only used it twice so far. It was fairly loud, same sound as a smoke detector but only for 4-5 seconds than faded away. Also i think it happened when switching from charging to float. I ran in to see what was going on but everything seemed ok. nothing was hot and it still works to my knowledge.

EDIT: Just noticed you are out of office so you can see this when you get in, Thanks

Edited by Amart88

• 2 weeks later...

Think there was any way the fan could have been rubbing up against something and made that sound? If it was the fan then what ever it was rubbing up against could have trimmed the fan blades and made it stop. I have no clue really. Never heard of that before.

No, I don;t think it was the fan. It was a solid whistle. The charger was sitting on a flat peice of wood in the middle of the room. I have used it a couple of times sine and everything seemed fine so I'll just monitor it.