Jump to content

Is there such thing as a headunit software update? (or along those lines?)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I just recently updated my 4g ipod touch to the latest firmware. Now everytime i connect my ipod to my headunit (Kenwood KDC-x895) it says this:

aecaf6f8.jpg

The music still plays fine, but i cant see no info displaying.

I was just wondering if there is some kind of headunit update (if one exists) for my H/U.

Im thinking since my headunit is last years model, it doesnt recognize the new firmware of the ipod.

any help out there or thoughts?

Posted

I've never heard of one but that right there would drive me insane!

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Posted

i think there is, some differ from others as in how to install it though i know some use a flash drive others use a sd card and then the extreme need a pc

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Posted

I dunno where the firmware update's are for them.

I have wanted to try on my Pioneer. I have some problems with my iPhone/iPod as it is too.

Does the kenwood have a menu select for it too?

2n9eue.jpg

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.

Posted

The kenwood does and if you read the user manual it tells you step by step how to update. You will need a computer, a Internet connection, a cd drive, and a cd

However I can 100% promise that they won't release a firmware update for head units based on ios upgrades. You upgraded to ios 5.1.1 which was released this week. For what reason you did that, I'm not sure.

However you just fucked yourself until kenwood, if kenwood, decides to have compatibility upgrades.

This could be months down the road.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Posted

I have the same HU and was wondering the same thing. I have an iPhone 4s and am on the latest software and it doesn't display the proper song title sometimes. But the only time I've seen that on the screen was when the HU wasn't recognizing my phone as a device. But it wouldnt play at all. It fixed itself after I turned the radio off and did a hard restart on the phone.

Posted

Piece advice I can offer, is don't update your music playing device ever, especially if it works

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Posted

I dunno where the firmware update's are for them.

I have wanted to try on my Pioneer. I have some problems with my iPhone/iPod as it is too.

Does the kenwood have a menu select for it too?

2n9eue.jpg

yeah it does, it also has the ability to search songs on the stereo, i miss that alot.

The kenwood does and if you read the user manual it tells you step by step how to update. You will need a computer, a Internet connection, a cd drive, and a cd

However I can 100% promise that they won't release a firmware update for head units based on ios upgrades. You upgraded to ios 5.1.1 which was released this week. For what reason you did that, I'm not sure.

However you just fucked yourself until kenwood, if kenwood, decides to have compatibility upgrades.

This could be months down the road.

so basically im sol? and i will take a look at the manual once i find it.

reason i updated was because last time i updated it was last year. it was going slow and things werent working right so i had to.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 984 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...