Sonic Electronix

seat belt bolt is a terrible ground

Why is that?.

At least remove the carpet where it screws down, and clean up any paint on the metal so it has a clean contact. If the ground is your issue it should clean it up pretty easy. If not and nothing else fixes it try moving it to a better ground location.

Edited by RMac18
pgsig.png

Why is that?.

At least remove the carpet where it screws down, and clean up any paint on the metal so it has a clean contact. If the ground is your issue it should clean it up pretty easy. If not and nothing else fixes it try moving it to a better ground location.

I think he needs to fix his ground also, but i dont think thats what his problem is, he said he removed the cd player hooked it strait to the amp and it worked fine until he re-installed it.

if you can see how i earthed mine (pic is no the best)

0/1 from battery to spliter

0/1 from spliter to engine block

0/1 from engin block to alt

4g from spliter to factory earth

4g from spliter to rails

4g from spliter to computer factory earth

and this was only to run a kicker zx700.5 znd zx400.1 (1120rms total)

all my rca were rand down the centre ot the car

and my amps were earthed to another splitter box( 2x 4g in 4x4g out, 2x seatbelt bolts, 2x rails through floor)

when you test it it should read 0.0???

P2110489.jpg

So you pulled the cd player out of the mounting location, hooked it strait to the amp with different rca cables and it played fine. But when you re mounted it, it started acting up again. I am wondering if possibly you are messing up the rca connection when you mount it. Is there enough room for the rca's to not get pulled when you install it in the dash? I have used black tape to tape rca connections before, sounds ghetto but i was having a loose rca issue.

yeah while i was at the audio store i pulled my cd player out borrowed their rca cables and ran the cables from the cd player over my seats into the amp and it worked fine when i got home i pulled everything up and re ran the new rca cables and it worked fine for a few hours. i didn't even have the bass on and the pulse came back. and it's a very tight inside the dash when i push the huge as wiring harness back in the dash so it may be that and honestly i don't care if it 'ghetto' or not who the hell is gonna see inside my dash lol. not sure if this helps or not when i start the car up the bass hits and when do sharp turns the bass hits

thats what they were fighting about at the store one said it's fine and the other said it's the worst spot ever.

So you pulled the cd player out of the mounting location, hooked it strait to the amp with different rca cables and it played fine. But when you re mounted it, it started acting up again. I am wondering if possibly you are messing up the rca connection when you mount it. Is there enough room for the rca's to not get pulled when you install it in the dash? I have used black tape to tape rca connections before, sounds ghetto but i was having a loose rca issue.

yeah while i was at the audio store i pulled my cd player out borrowed their rca cables and ran the cables from the cd player over my seats into the amp and it worked fine when i got home i pulled everything up and re ran the new rca cables and it worked fine for a few hours. i didn't even have the bass on and the pulse came back. and it's a very tight inside the dash when i push the huge as wiring harness back in the dash so it may be that and honestly i don't care if it 'ghetto' or not who the hell is gonna see inside my dash lol. not sure if this helps or not when i start the car up the bass hits and when do sharp turns the bass hits

thats what they were fighting about at the store one said it's fine and the other said it's the worst spot ever.

the one that said its fine is a fucking idiot. dont go to the store anymore.

im still saying the rca's are getting pinched behind the headunit. you saying the fit is very tight just makes me think that even more so.

Edited by Kranny

Sounds like you need shielded rcas my friend

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

well first off i took my CD player out again this morning and taped up my rca cables when i pulled out the player one was like half on. then i went to back of my car and started cuttting carpet and sanded what i could for a new ground i drilled a hole beside it but honestly it's the exact same thing so i didn't bother switching them but i still have the pulse. i noticed that when the car is started is when i have the worst pulse if the key is turned over it's a very quite pulse when its on you can actually feel some vibration with no music playing at all. here is the picture of the current ground with the carpet cut around it and the one below it is the hole i drilled

getattachmentnq.th.jpg

getattachment1zm.th.jpg

Run a new ground wire for your headunit. I can almost guarantee you that's the problem. Either run the line off the negative terminal of your battery to the headunit or use a self-tapping screw into a bare metal spot. What brand of headunit do you have? Pioneer is known for having issues with pulses/white noise through the RCA's. Also make sure that your RCA's are ran on the opposite side of the car from your power wires (for example: power wires on driver's side and RCA's on passenger side). Running your RCA's down the middle of your car can also put feedback in the line (apparently from the transmission). Run that new ground and let us know what happens.

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

Run a new ground wire for your headunit. I can almost guarantee you that's the problem. Either run the line off the negative terminal of your battery to the headunit or use a self-tapping screw into a bare metal spot. What brand of headunit do you have? Pioneer is known for having issues with pulses/white noise through the RCA's. Also make sure that your RCA's are ran on the opposite side of the car from your power wires (for example: power wires on driver's side and RCA's on passenger side). Running your RCA's down the middle of your car can also put feedback in the line (apparently from the transmission). Run that new ground and let us know what happens.

it's a kenwood ktv-526 and i have rca's ran down the driver side and power and Remote down the otherside when i said i ran rca down the middle i ment for a test not like they are actually ran there

Edited by GMC_Matt