Sonic Electronix

Because If I get one big battery for the system, what will start my car?

So you've been using that single small battery by itself to power your amps? Without being hooked up to your alt, or main battery? Just curious since that is how your responses are looking.

As others have said, you are only pushing 1500watts, 1 big battery up front should be fine. If you really wish though, you can put 1 big battery up front in the engine bay (what starts your car), then wire a second battery in the rear parallel with the front battery, then run your amp off of the battery you put in the rear. That way, the battery in the rear (the one you have your amps hooked up to), is receiving current from the front one to keep it charged. So you don't need a "switch".

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

budget? and agreeing with the others, theres really no need to have a backup battery.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

So you've been using that single small battery by itself to power your amps? Without being hooked up to your alt, or main battery? Just curious since that is how your responses are looking.

As others have said, you are only pushing 1500watts, 1 big battery up front should be fine. If you really wish though, you can put 1 big battery up front in the engine bay (what starts your car), then wire a second battery in the rear parallel with the front battery, then run your amp off of the battery you put in the rear. That way, the battery in the rear (the one you have your amps hooked up to), is receiving current from the front one to keep it charged. So you don't need a "switch".

The idiot who installed it hooked my main battery and my audio battery together. Yes I was getting charged by the alt.

budget? and agreeing with the others, theres really no need to have a backup battery.

I already have the battery so I am putting it to good use. And I go to a lot of shows and run my system. When the car won't start I will push a button and it will switch batteries.

I already have the battery so I am putting it to good use. And I go to a lot of shows and run my system. When the car won't start I will push a button and it will switch batteries.

that little shuriken 600 wont do shit for a decent stereo with the car off. you DO realize that forcing your alternator to charge a dead battery seriously fucks the alt up? they aren't designed whatsoever to charge a dead battery. they're designed to keep a float charge on the battery, keeping it topped off. you're going to be paying out the ass for new alts every couple months or year or two.

The idiot who installed it hooked my main battery and my audio battery together. Yes I was getting charged by the alt.

thats how its supposed to be done dude. if you're at shows all the time, then keep your car on. thats what all the folks here do when they go to audio shows. demoing with the car off is one of the dumbest things you can do

Uhm, the so called "idiot" hooked your main battery to your secondary battery? He sounds like a real idiot to me too..

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

that little shuriken 600 wont do shit for a decent stereo with the car off. you DO realize that forcing your alternator to charge a dead battery seriously fucks the alt up? they aren't designed whatsoever to charge a dead battery. they're designed to keep a float charge on the battery, keeping it topped off. you're going to be paying out the ass for new alts every couple months or year or two.

The whole thing is getting rewired. This is how the genius audio guy rigged it up. He had the whole system running off of that 600

if you wanna run a different set of batteries for the audio only, might as well get another seperate alt that charges at 16 volts and get some real power!!!

it wasnt running just off the 600. it was running off of your whole electrical...

did you even have any voltage drop??

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived