Second Skin Audio

Dayton Audio

I found a pretty good deal on some Dayton Titanic 15s at Parts-Express. Has anyone had any personal experience with them? It'll be 6 months to a year until I do a big build, but I want to go ahead and start my planning stage. I want to run 4. From what I've heard to look for their specs make them seem like a good candidate for a 4th order, but I'm not sure if I have enough room for it without chopping my rear deck. The most room I can get out of my rear seat right now is 40x38X30", which was roughly measured with a yard stick just to get an idea of what I'm working with.

Any advice guys? I've seen a video of two Titanics, not sure how many watts they were running or what the box specs were but they do some work. I was more impressed with them than what I was considering before. I just wanna weigh my options before i jump into something.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

So you are going to do a wall then? I know noiseycricket (Anthony) has 4 15" in a bandpass in his malibu same as ours so it certainly is possible. Why not just go ported? It would save you a ton of room and you could build it outside the car.

Yes I was lurking. lol and Dayton kicks ass. Just wanted to throw that out there lol

Is this your card...http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-420

Edited by TheScottishBear

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

http://youtu.be/U7r8wmsm5gE

That's just two. And I'm considering 4 in a 4th order.
The price is the main thing that's got me on them. If you buy 4 or more they're $210 a piece. Is there anything that might be better in that range? They're supposed to take 800wrms a piece, and I'm considering some Fosgate power for them, unless I find something at a better deal. Like I said, it'll be awhile but I like having a basic idea of what I want.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

So you are going to do a wall then? I know noiseycricket (Anthony) has 4 15" in a bandpass in his malibu same as ours so it certainly is possible. Why not just go ported? It would save you a ton of room and you could build it outside the car.

Eh. Considered it. I actually thought about a bass tunnel. I might just put two in at first and then do the wall.

I mean, I'll eventually have a family and stuff, but lets be honest. I've only filled my entire car once, and my girl has her own car now so I never have to pick her and her sister up from school anymore. So my back seat never gets used.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Eh. Considered it. I actually thought about a bass tunnel. I might just put two in at first and then do the wall.

I mean, I'll eventually have a family and stuff, but lets be honest. I've only filled my entire car once, and my girl has her own car now so I never have to pick her and her sister up from school anymore. So my back seat never gets used.

4 15" in a trunk has that impossible feeling to it. Two of them would be pretty crazy. No need to jump into a wall till you're ready. Big commitment lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

4 15" in a trunk has that impossible feeling to it. Two of them would be pretty crazy. No need to jump into a wall till you're ready. Big commitment lol

I've done the measuring, and it's definitely possible to fit two 15s where my two 12s are now, with more than enough room for a port. That's what I'll probably do first.

I'm normally all about it just sounding good and equal instead of having overwhelming bass, but I've gotta build atleast one loud car. JUST ONE.

Until I get totally addicted and keep putting loud ass builds in all my cars. :D

Another thing I've gotta consider is that it'll be in my daily driver, and I currently live on a dirt road. So... Can you say new suspension?

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Yes I was lurking. lol and Dayton kicks ass. Just wanted to throw that out there lol

Is this your card...http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=295-420

Indeed, that is my card.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

And this is my cart. Because I like when things match.

dayton.png

Edited by Herokight

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????