Best way to cover that sub 30 hz range

IH8PunkRok

well for 1 i ninjad you dude :P

for 2 with the lower bass it is mostly felt not heard so for the around 20hz (idk bout any higher) you could do a double sealed bandpass box or a couple of these:

http://www.parts-exp...FTOKEN=63602835

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=299-028

Explain a double sealed bandpass, and I thought transducers were only really good for like a gaming or theater chair so you can feel the movie/game when sitting down.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i cant help any with enclosure ideas...

But,...

At the OP - dude,... i must say,.. outta all the installs ive seen and or read (minus the few that are outta this world) i would like to sample yours my friend.... it just seems we like the same type of "motion" in our gear,.. and you are miles, and miles ahead, above and beyond me man.... i bid you good luck, and pray i run into you at a dinner or pub some where, some time..... will you please keep your BL up to date on the trials and such ??? sincerly.. good luck,.. and get it man...

Big box. 12-15per. Tune to 30-33. Im guessing youre not going to have enough power to really make sub 25hz audible. It's where I would start. Need the big box to go low and port just depends on how the sub acts in your car. Since you can probably get 2-3 boxes out of a sheet of wood I'd start with a practice box and one sub to see how it does. Big car so it's hard to know how it will act for me. I know my car too well but haven't done much in anything bigger.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

that is what is messing with my head

i want it to be audible

but i think a 120 at 30 hz would easily overpower my front stage

so all id really need is maybe a 110 at full volume. how hard could that be right?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

What about a low tuned 4th/6th order?

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

What about a low tuned 4th/6th order?

they arent modeling up very well when compared to a standard ported box

i think im just going to start with a sealed box. see how i like it

adjust from there

id love to try IB but i really have no way of doing that

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Another idea that's been popping up into my mind is a Passive Radiator design, even though I only really see it in Home Audio, and not in a car, but it's another idea.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

You can use WinISD to get a frequency response graph for a box that you make. Getting down to 20 might be a bit difficult

those graphs are pointless. the frequency response will change drastically when you put it in the car.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Now I have really no experience/knowledge with boxes other than sealed & ported so i could be a complete noob but I'll try to help, anyways would you be able to try an ABC/Double Tuned ported (not sure what the proper name is). Like have a standard ported but with two ports tuned to different frequencies? Maybe one be 23 & the other 46 since it has to play from 20-50hz.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

Now I have really no experience/knowledge with boxes other than sealed & ported so i could be a complete noob but I'll try to help, anyways would you be able to try an ABC/Double Tuned ported (not sure what the proper name is). Like have a standard ported but with two ports tuned to different frequencies? Maybe one be 23 & the other 46 since it has to play from 20-50hz.

theoretically (i will try and be easy with this explanation) doing this causes two unwanted outcomes

1. it takes the octaves of the tuning and causes them to destructively combine. ie two sharp drop offs at the tuning freqs

2. the ports are tuning the airspace, not the individual ports. so having one short and one long will only cause the actual tuning to be somewhere between the two but with a lot of destructive interference as noted in number 1

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build