Best way to cover that sub 30 hz range

IH8PunkRok

a basic ported enclosure (with external port tuning) ... with 2 drivers set up isoberic style ...

x2 ...

The enclosure should "Look" like a basic ported enclosure with 2 drivers and 2 ports ... with a divider in the middle ... 2 separate enclosures ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

26203464012_large.jpg

26203460047_large.jpg

26203460046_large.jpg

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

After hearing Cableguy's truck.... I am a believer. :D Isoberic to improve linearity, double the power you can put to the subs, shrink your box size (in theory, a push-pull isobaric can be 1/2 the size of a non-isobaric... so you can make it bigger than 1/2 the size, give more room for bigger and longer port... lower tune WITH output and reduced port noise). His setup in his truck works- with Authority.

I've got Tang-Bands too- IMO, they can help pull the stage that way, but I can't see them being a true replacement for a proper substage that is designed to play infrasonics.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

There are many different setups for isoberic ... this is the Blues Car Audio setup ...

Ive seen some drivers set up "Face to Face" ...

There are many different setups for isoberic ... this is the Blues Car Audio setup ...

Ive seen some drivers set up "Face to Face" ...

Very true- I should of said "Coupled" sub group... not necessarily push-pull. Yours are coupled push-push ...I guess- if one could call them that. :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

You will definitely need a processor. SQ gets expensive quick. I just dont think two 8s are going to play clean down to 20 hz regardless of what you tune it to. I would tune to 30 if i really needed to do this. You'll still be able to reach below tuning and about 25 hz is the average cut off for hearing anything. Those that say I can hear 19 or whatever cant tell the difference between musical reproduction and mechanical noise. lol.Alot alot alot of SQ guys run a front woofer sealed. usually a single 10. remmber its all about getting it to sound like its in front of you. With a strong strong substage thats tough to do. Ive thought about going the sq route and it is easiyl way more work. so I say fuck that.

I'm not one to argue with a moderator ... So I won't ...

I just wish You could sit and demo my truck for a while ...

i would absolutley love to Randall. ITs been years since Ive gotten into an SQ ride. If you disagree with me by all means say what you need to. If Im wrong I have no problem admitting that if corrected. Im old not one of them damn know it all kids :)

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The cleanest vehicle i have sat in "OTHER than big time competitors in SQ" is my team mates trailblazer... He started off with 8 10's for SPL but then morphed it into an SQ ride... Its comprised of a single DD 6.5 in a T-line with an Alpine 701 processing and Alpine 910 for the HU... He had a sealed 8 in the pass floor for awhile but then figured out how to fill the truck with the sub in the rear and it sounds GREAT... I can ask him for some tips on what he did if you'd like Matt

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

here is one we did where the ports are completely external ... but integrated into the enclosure ...

39042654075_large.jpg

39042654080_large.jpg

39042654074_large.jpg

Believe it or not ... but this is a Blues Car Audio ISO-Kit 8" setup ... yes, 4 8" drivers ...

Mine is a Blues Car Audio ISO-Kit 10 setup ...

Both enclosures (this one and mine) are tuned into the very low 20s ... and both vehicles hit a consistant 137.7 db (give or take a couple) at around 28 to 32 htz ...

on class A/B amp power ...

This enclosure would probably be more suited to your application ...

again, just my suggestion here ....

im so glad you found your way into my thread

ive seen and held that iso 10 kit in my hand

once i saw the price tag i immediately put it down though lol

but hey results speak for themselves

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Thank you Sir ...

To me, Linear Power and Blues Car Audio is well worth the money ... Like they say ... "For the Love of Music"

Power, Clarity, Dynamic, and very long lasting equipment ... 25 to 30 year old amps running strong today ...

Hope I gave you a few Ideas ... Best of luck Sir ...

Archived