Sundown Audio

Will my amp stay cool enough behind wall?

im at work now so im unable to look at the pictures on this computer. but what are the fans called that alpha posted?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

This is what ill be using to keep my amps cool, its a 10" radiator fan(1550cfm)

2012-05-08_16-21-32_138.jpg

I also did that in the bed of my truck... Works well to say the least.. Lol My 2 chans would Thermal protect without the fan... They have yet to protect!

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Just gonna throw it ur there, ac is not moisture in the air. Air conditioning also "dehumidifies" it dries out the air. The concept of ac is not pushing "cold" air it actually removes or absorbes heat from the air. If you had very cold air blowing directly onto a warm or hot metal surface that mixture could form condensation.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Alpha,.. that is wicked nice.... i still think the OP will be ok with what im understand he is doing... Id get it rolling,.... and see what happens... and go from there..

Shit,.. forgot what i really wanted to say. If you end up going the fan, or multiple fan route.... check out Ce Auto supply here... I use one of Tony's deluxe remote kits... uses a top of the line relay, is KISS (keep it simple stupid) to hook up and use.....and its perfect in every way... it will (safely) turn on a ba-gillion amps/fans/leds/you moms waffle maker/ whatever.....

http://www.ceautoele...nrelaykits.html

link to the relays if anyone was looking for them

Thanks man.... just cant go wrong with Ce Auto... At the Op, good luck with what ya do, and show us some pics.....cheers man

i have two bc 3500s stacked directly on top of each other in the trunk of my car behind my wall and they have yet to protect.

They get hotter from the weather than from playing music on them. and i live in florida its pretty much 90 outside 3/4 of the year.

but to each there own if you think you need them go for it but i doubt you would have issues.

032312150149.jpg

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

ok that makes me feel better. I'm in Indiana so it's not too bad here but its going to be 95 this weekend and I plan on breaking them in this weekend so I was just worried about them getting too hot in the back. I'm actually gonna finish the install tomorrow. But I'll post a build log when it's all said and done.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5