Sundown Audio

SK-1500.1 Discovery!

Sheena

ill try it like that just to make you happy, but that way will drown out my mids and highs for sure (its the first way i tested it when i got the head unit), which is the only reason i went this way.

am i not achieving the same thing doing it my way? (serious question)

S/W level +5

H/U vol 32/35

amp gain at 65%

bass boost OFF

gain knob pointing at the L.

No, not at all.

You get the most output with the sub level all the way up (controls the pre out voltage)

Then set the gain to match that voltage.

hmm, the first time i hit the S/W past +7 the subs just sounded very bad.. sounded like they were being over driven, but like i said, ill give rays way a shot

my guess is you didnt turn down the gain to compensate the pre-outs voltage increase

hence why they sounded bad

best bet for you bud is to find someone with a DD-1 in your area to make sure your deck isnt clipping (not all decks are made the same even if its the same model/brand... anything man-made will have its flaws)

and then tune the amp and never touch the gain on the amp again

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

im not loud though imo, if i had to guess something like a 37-39 somewhere in the 30-40hz region

maybe you should splice the speaker outputs of the head unit into the rca plugs into your amp, thats a discovery i made that will get you louder.

great, the more knowledge the car audio scene knows about ANYTHING is good.

im glad this thread blew up, it will keep people from doing it for sure now.

im not concerned with my reputation, i dont do comps.

doesn't matter about competitions? its just now people here will disregard every post you make in your intentions to "try" to help.

no one takes anyones advice anyways, you should know this.

we're our own person and gonna do what we're gonna do till we learn it our self.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i have yet to read on how *cough* accurate these knobs are :pardon:

you will learn why people are saying not to turn your gain all the way op on your amp and just use the knob

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

ill try it like that just to make you happy, but that way will drown out my mids and highs for sure (its the first way i tested it when i got the head unit), which is the only reason i went this way.

am i not achieving the same thing doing it my way? (serious question)

S/W level +5

H/U vol 32/35

amp gain at 65%

bass boost OFF

gain knob pointing at the L.

No, not at all.

You get the most output with the sub level all the way up (controls the pre out voltage)

Then set the gain to match that voltage.

hmm, the first time i hit the S/W past +7 the subs just sounded very bad.. sounded like they were being over driven, but like i said, ill give rays way a shot

my guess is you didnt turn down the gain to compensate the pre-outs voltage increase

hence why they sounded bad

best bet for you bud is to find someone with a DD-1 in your area to make sure your deck isnt clipping (not all decks are made the same even if its the same model/brand... anything man-made will have its flaws)

and then tune the amp and never touch the gain on the amp again

i did turn the gain down, but doesnt that defeat the purpose of turning the S/W level up?

didnt sound any different when i turned the gain down than i had it set before.. just now that my gains at +15 and my knob is a little lower.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

im not loud though imo, if i had to guess something like a 37-39 somewhere in the 30-40hz region

maybe you should splice the speaker outputs of the head unit into the rca plugs into your amp, thats a discovery i made that will get you louder.

great, the more knowledge the car audio scene knows about ANYTHING is good.

im glad this thread blew up, it will keep people from doing it for sure now.

im not concerned with my reputation, i dont do comps.

doesn't matter about competitions? its just now people here will disregard every post you make in your intentions to "try" to help.

no one takes anyones advice anyways, you should know this.

we're our own person and gonna do what we're gonna do till we learn it our self.

i ask and take advise everyday

thats how people learn and become smarter

making mistakes is a good way to learn.... but not OBVIOUS mistakes like this "discovery"

your just top damn ignorant and stubborn

i hope you never try to sell your audio stuff on here

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Ever notice how Kranny gives advice like he is swinging a baseball bat? Right up side your head.

He gives advice nicely until the person gets hardheaded or stupid then he swings the bat.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Ever notice how Kranny gives advice like he is swinging a baseball bat? Right up side your head.

He gives advice nicely until the person gets hardheaded or stupid then he swings the bat.

lol, and how often do people not be hardheaded? lol

edit,

yes i am laughing that much.

Archived