Show us your HIDs !!! White Lightning upgrade pg 6

I'm thinking that HYPER LEDs and HIDs is going to hook me up on this project ... Stay tuned !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Put a projector on the driver's side. Note the difference in glare.

WP_001563.jpg

Only 1 hid in this picture, to show the cutoff line

S__1F1A.jpg

OK guys, I think I have a game plan with this ... may take some time and asking the wife for more money, but I might can make this work ...

I kind of went the wrong way with this thread ... I should have asked for directions on how to do this in the first place instead of showing off my "Green HIDs" ...

I really wanted to see how you other folks had your setup so I could compare and build mine to specs ...

For you guys that literally told me that I had the wrong setup, my apologies ... This is my first HID setup and EVERYBODY learns from their mistakes ...

N8, thank you Sir ... I think I'm going with your plan here ... but with a few changes down the road ...

Randall. There is a complete kit to clear out the front end. its new headlights fogs and corners. It looks 1000 times better than anything else out there. The orange corner lenses will be clear so it requires amber bulbs or you'll run the risk of getting hassled. here is my kit

http://www.summitrac.../GRM-09-180-CP/

I found (well, a friend on GMT400 Forum found this for me) a forum that someone posted pics of their retrofit HID install ...

This is what I want to do with my truck ... Guys, please comment if you have suggestions !!!

Like I said, I'm a NEWBIE with this stuff ...

Now then on with the pics ... Not my pics, They were found on the interwebs !!!

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Mount2.jpg

I know ... It looks like alot of work, but looks like it should be a fun challenge !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Also ... I know where you can get retrofit parts for this now !!! This is what I'm looking at ...

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=227

no 3000K? WTF?! Everyone is into blue ricer shit these days...

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

you might think your slick but I am watching. 150 posts will be a real long way off for you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you might think your slick but I am watching. 150 posts will be a real long way off for you.

Alright? I asked why no one had the 3000K's. If you're wondering why, its because I have them and I thought it was odd that no one else did. Don't believe me? I'll be sure to post a picture here when I get them in tomorrow.

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

I want a retrofit so bad for my hoe

I know bro ... I'm trying to get this started, but too many things consuming my money at the moment ...

I'm not sure what "K" mine are ... and they 4 sure ain't Blue ...

Archived