Show us your HIDs !!! White Lightning upgrade pg 6

I really would like to look closer at those mix - match setups ... All 4 of mine are Green ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

It is literally impossible for your halogen based reflectors not to glare. Same housing, different bulb with different focal points can never be glare free. Also showing that your housing has no glare guard in the housing further proves my point, there will always be glare from the tip of the bulb if it isnt covered.

Wall shots from 25ft will show you what you are putting out. White walls are also best.

Heres my retro

100_25772.jpg

Sexy cutoff from like 200ft. No glare to be seen

100_2679.jpg

Ive posted this in another thread already but i figured it was fitting of this thread, LOL

5000k on My mower in Fog Light Projectors. Its way cooler outside when mowing at night....

6963439151_547776901e_b.jpg

odd46 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6963438919_86ffd1f1c1_b.jpg

odd42 by rogueauto, on Flickr

6817316716_1dfc676a50_b.jpg

odd41 by rogueauto, on Flickr

I have 8000k 55w HIDs. Major good cut off line and the ballasts were free along with the wiring harness from a friend.

c863d4c6.jpg

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Not a single projection housing in this thread so far. :(

I will put in projector housings... if you want to pay the $400 for them for me. my diamond cut housings actually focus the beam quite well and actually do have a cutoff beam pattern just like a projector. its not as sharp but its still not just spreading the light everywhere like everyone thinks they do. if people are smart and get aftermarket housings theyre just fine.

Are you being serious!?

Depending on if you live in the city or country is where I would focus on having projectors or not. In the city, yes. Where he lives, no. I would scatter that light everywhere.

It would be much safer to see farther down the road in order to see deer or other animals. The projectors cut off wouldn't allow you to do that and I would consider that to be a safety issue.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Where do you guys find the insane color HIDs?

And the green ones?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

im running DDM Tuning 12K HIDs lows and fogs in my tahoe. no projectors :shrug:

b5289cfd.jpg

Tahoe is for sale though, picking up a 2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 with a 6.2L :)

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Not a single projection housing in this thread so far. :(

I will put in projector housings... if you want to pay the $400 for them for me. my diamond cut housings actually focus the beam quite well and actually do have a cutoff beam pattern just like a projector. its not as sharp but its still not just spreading the light everywhere like everyone thinks they do. if people are smart and get aftermarket housings theyre just fine.

Are you being serious!?

Depending on if you live in the city or country is where I would focus on having projectors or not. In the city, yes. Where he lives, no. I would scatter that light everywhere.

It would be much safer to see farther down the road in order to see deer or other animals. The projectors cut off wouldn't allow you to do that and I would consider that to be a safety issue.

I live in the country and there are alot of deer. But I also drive in the city alot. Projectors would give way more distance. Plus PnP high beams are terrible.

When driving through Georgia back roads I use my high beams. They are a million times better than a PnP "high beam"

2010 Focus coupe- 8 12" wall. 157.5@46hz

2016 Focus ST - SQ build.

I have ellipsoid/projectors on my car

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

since they now work ill edit this one. I dont like the ones on the lightning. Ruins the flow of the front end to me. Ive driven my truck in the three years Ive owned it three times at night. The lights are bright enough without projectors. They are also aimed down some so that they dont blind anyone. If I have to wreck the entire flow of the front end to do things the right way I'll pass.

BTW the original guy is a douche and thats why something was said.

Well its fine if you don't like them. I had 3 other lightning owners wanting me to retrofit their trucks and a bunch of compliments. I really don't care though I did it for me. I think it looks pretty damn good though lol

DSC00130.jpg

Aiming down doesn't do anything for glare. Adding projectors to a headlight doesn't wreck it at all. (IMO) I think driving around with GREEN headlights wrecks it.

But I understand a lot of people are uneducated on HIDs and just like the pretty colors.

Thank you KMS.

dude this truck gives me wood. holy fawk. huge props man

i used stock housings in my tb forever but noticed that they did in fact reflect more off the road then on (even when aimed down) so i picked up a set of projector housings off ebay. they ended up sucking, so i put in some lexus projectors (tsx-r) and its a world of difference. i hate driving at night and some asshole has their hids going straight into my mirrors. guys please at the very least aim them down.

also green hids... really? like why? i know you may like it but it just makes no sense to me.

also guys remember if you do alot of night driving i wouldn't recommend doing high beams in HID, keep them stock/halogen... hids take several seconds to warm up, and in a split second i can hit a deer crossing the road... but its your ride, and your tea party. drink what you want

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Archived