Second Skin Audio

Bass restoration devices who's useing them on their subs

Come on Joe not that stupid

99% on high end amp accept both 0-5v and 5-10+v inputs

I'm not after any loc

As I'm using the stock h/u

Certain frequencies drop off as you turn the volume up

Hence needing a bass restoration or frequency restoration devices in line directly after the head unit before the eq or loc

The req5 witch I use to use is a 5channel frequency restoration/ loc and part eq all in one

Now if I get the next best thing the audiocontrol one I need 2 of the 1 for front 1 rear and then run them into and loc/eq (thing it called a 6x something)

But then I'm talking 6-800 to get them

Hence looking for something else a bit more reasonable in price

I have a Linear Power PA2 Audiopath Enhancer ... but I'm not using it at the moment ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well, needed to know myself, I wouldn't spend a lot trying to fix a mediocre signal, since the MTX worked for you last time you may try to get it again:

http://www.amazon.com/MTX-RE-Q5-Restoration-5-Channel-Module/dp/B001GSD5R0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A2SH2MTKHUVCYB&s=generic&qid=1338536524&sr=1-2

The Audiocontrol accepts high level signals as well.

Emailed them around 3 day ago to get a price on shipping and told none left, but they still show 1,

That was the only one I've seen for sale anywhere

If any knows of any other reputable online stores selling them shoot me a pm.

I even rang up some retail audio shops to see if any old stick of them and was out of luck

There is one ex display that I'm trying to get hold of but they want 350 for it.

on a side note it might be a mediocre signal but thats what i got and to work with

would love to change the h/u but i aint cutting a 6months old 110k car up to fit a different h/u, then spend another 4-5k on engine mangment system mods to make it work

Edited by john253a

Personally, I'd put in an MS8/BitOne/Bit Ten or similar processor

REQ was alright in that it improved the bass arbitrarily, but it did not have anything to reference it against (no reference disc sent with for calibration it basically just adjusted the entire bottom 2 octaves by a given dB of gain). The ones listed above are 3 that I've personally used/seen used (I'm sure there are others that work as well or maybe even better) that will analyze all of your speakers to help you set up not just your subwoofers but also the time alignment and imagining for up to 4 seating locations while restoring the integrity of the sound as it was recorded instead of how some car manufacturer thought it should sound. It will also automatically tune your system for you to give you an extremely good starting point.

Thanks for that saw alpine also do a bitone as well but the audison seems to be the one one to get bitten seems to be a lot better

Also look a shit load better then soundstreem or audiocontrol ones

Edited by john253a