factory alt with aftermarket batt??

Hey guys my car has a factory 90 amp alt in it. I was looking into purchasing a kinetik 1200, would this battery put to much of a strain on my alt? I heard that if you get a too big of a Bart with a small alt the alt can fail on you, so I was wondering if I got a kinetik 1200 under the hood offf it would be okay, or if I have to get a smaller kinetic

Thanks!

that bat will be fine.. im running 2 kinetic 1800's offa stock alt.. i just give em a good trickle charge every now and then...alts still going strong after over a year of it being like that...stock alt just takes longer to recover than a h/o

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

yeah ive got to do the big 3 sometime, and alright i was just wondering because my stock alt is relatively small, i have a small car, so i just wanted to make sure i wouldnt be hurting anything

i 've been running 4 d3400's to a skar 4.5k on my 90amp alt and it holds out good.. before that factory under hood and d975 to a sundown 1.2k and also worked great..

sig-1.jpg

Build v1 15" Skar VVX (custom ported box) w/1.2k Sundown ampBuild v2 18" DC XL x2 (custom ported box) w/4.5k Skar amp

Build v3.3 destruction and re-construction time!

Archived