Thinking About Building A Computer

<3 my HP. lol

Upgraded PSU, RAM, and video card. No on-board crap. :P

Just sound but soon replacing that. :)

I also love my hp and my compaq, but I say building is better :)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I dont fully agrea with your first statment. While dell and hp provide warenty and "tech support" they are still a lot more money part-for-part compaired to building your own rig. Now if you wanted somthing on the very low end, around $300 then dell or hp would probably be your best bet. BUT if you want something a little faster maybe midrange or even performance, then DEFF build your own. Its way cheaper and way more fun to learn.

No man, I do this for a living. I stopped building computers because it was cheaper for my costumers to go with a "Dell" or an "HP". "Tech support" has nothing to do with anything. Trust me on this one.

No man, I do this for a living. I stopped building computers because it was cheaper for my costumers to go with a "Dell" or an "HP". "Tech support" has nothing to do with anything. Trust me on this one.

and dells are also garbage IMHO

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

whatever you say.....

When you build a custom computer, the parts are going to be higher quality. Dell uses Foxconn mobos, not the greatest.... HP uses Asus mobo (ones I've owned anyways) but have an HP BIOS.

IMO, I'd rather build than buy.

My HP came with an ASUS mobo and ASUS FX5200 video card.

My old Dell which is dead had a Foxconn mobo, IDE channel went out.... Talk about quality eh?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

the comp i'm building now is gonna have a dual quad core, 8800GT (maybe GTX), 3 gigs of ram, surround sound card, tv tuner card, water cooling kit. might update the HDD. getting a new case too. keeping dvd burner/rom drive. altogether i think it's gonna come out around the 1k mark. not sure what'd all that cost retail. just an idea of what ima pay building it.

whatever you say.....

When you build a custom computer, the parts are going to be higher quality. Dell uses Foxconn mobos, not the greatest.... HP uses Asus mobo (ones I've owned anyways) but have an HP BIOS.

IMO, I'd rather build than buy.

My HP came with an ASUS mobo and ASUS FX5200 video card.

My old Dell which is dead had a Foxconn mobo, IDE channel went out.... Talk about quality eh?

This just blows my mind. How do you know the parts that a person puts in to a computer is higher quality? What if that person building the computer doesn't have a clue of what he is buying. Sure you could put the best video card and the best sound card in your box, but that shit can run you a good 2 grand. I mean come on... what the hell do you want to do with this box? And your saying Dell uses Foxconn mobos... well maybe this week but Dell changes the parts they use all the time. Like I said I've been doing this for a lot of years. I put the most basic HP $400 machines through some shit that most of you never deal with on a daily basis and they are still rock solid. The true question is: What do you want to get out of this computer?

I dont fully agrea with your first statment. While dell and hp provide warenty and "tech support" they are still a lot more money part-for-part compaired to building your own rig. Now if you wanted somthing on the very low end, around $300 then dell or hp would probably be your best bet. BUT if you want something a little faster maybe midrange or even performance, then DEFF build your own. Its way cheaper and way more fun to learn.

it is cheaper to build your own pc, as dell put cheap parts in it and put a big price on it, so you look at wat dell are selling their computers for, go onto a computer shop site and put those parts in shopping cart and it will be cheaper on the site hence build your own pc or charge some asian shop to put a good pc together for you

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

the comp i'm building now is gonna have a dual quad core, 8800GT (maybe GTX), 3 gigs of ram, surround sound card, tv tuner card, water cooling kit. might update the HDD. getting a new case too. keeping dvd burner/rom drive. altogether i think it's gonna come out around the 1k mark. not sure what'd all that cost retail. just an idea of what ima pay building it.

for you people that dont know wat quad core, 8800gt/s/x's are, they are top of the line computer parts, i mean TOP of the line

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

This just blows my mind. How do you know the parts that a person puts in to a computer is higher quality? What if that person building the computer doesn't have a clue of what he is buying. Sure you could put the best video card and the best sound card in your box, but that shit can run you a good 2 grand. I mean come on... what the hell do you want to do with this box? And your saying Dell uses Foxconn mobos... well maybe this week but Dell changes the parts they use all the time. Like I said I've been doing this for a lot of years. I put the most basic HP $400 machines through some shit that most of you never deal with on a daily basis and they are still rock solid. The true question is: What do you want to get out of this computer?

Simple.

They research the product before purchasing.

Oh really? What's some of the stuff you put that $400 HP machine through?

To the OP:

What do you really want to use this computer for mostly?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Simple.

They research the product before purchasing.

Oh really? What's some of the stuff you put that $400 HP machine through?

To the OP:

What do you really want to use this computer for mostly?

I'm the network admin at a shop that runs about 300 pc's and around 20 servers with a mixed environment of Novell, Linux, and Windows.