Thinking About Building A Computer

My laptop is starting to shit out on me little my little, so I have been tossing around the thought of building a pc. however I have never built one before. do you guys think this is something I should try, or should I just save my money up and buy one?

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

My laptop is starting to shit out on me little my little, so I have been tossing around the thought of building a pc. however I have never built one before. do you guys think this is something I should try, or should I just save my money up and buy one?

Man I've built a lot of computers over the years and the one thing I can tell you is...don't waste your damn time. It's a lot cheaper and easier to get a Dell or HP or whatever else. Now on the other hand if you want to become A+ certified or just want to learn a little about the inside workings of a computer then go for it.

Man I've built a lot of computers over the years and the one thing I can tell you is...don't waste your damn time. It's a lot cheaper and easier to get a Dell or HP or whatever else. Now on the other hand if you want to become A+ certified or just want to learn a little about the inside workings of a computer then go for it.

I dont fully agrea with your first statment. While dell and hp provide warenty and "tech support" they are still a lot more money part-for-part compaired to building your own rig. Now if you wanted somthing on the very low end, around $300 then dell or hp would probably be your best bet. BUT if you want something a little faster maybe midrange or even performance, then DEFF build your own. Its way cheaper and way more fun to learn.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

i disagree fully with that

nowadays dell and HP have onborad video and lower quality parts to keep price down

now for $500 i just built a computer with a 2.0 Ghz dual core processor (pentium), 512 meg video card, 2 GB of ram, a 160 GB HDD, and a lightscribe DVD burner, including case, PSU (500 w), and motherboard.

its a very good computer for that price

we already had a mouse, keyboard, printer, monitor, and all those external things so that will bring up the cost.

i say build ur own stuff just research to find quality products.

also its not hard to assemble it. i did one in an hour and it worked perfectly first try

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

nowadays dell and HP have onborad video and lower quality parts to keep price down

now for $500 i just built a computer with a 2.0 Ghz dual core processor (pentium), 512 meg video card, 2 GB of ram, a 160 GB HDD, and a lightscribe DVD burner, including case, PSU (500 w), and motherboard.

we already had a mouse, keyboard, printer, monitor, and all those external things so that will bring up the cost.

also its not hard to assemble it. i did one in an hour and it worked perfectly first try

X2.

Like i said its usualy 99% of the time cheaper to build your own. If you need ANY help om what to buy or how to assembyl it, just PM. I have built plenty of PC's

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

If you do decide to build your own, which you should, make sure you get EVERYTHING you need the first time around. If not you'll be stuck waiting for parts, and waiting is no fun. I think that everyone should know how to build a computer because then they know exactly what they are getting for their money, not just paying for a name slapped onto shit parts.

build it! it's more fun that way. if there's anything you're unsure on you can ask anywhere. computerforum.com is a good place too. i'm in the process of building mine and i've asked a couple questions there on which direction i should go. first time i'm gonna own a water cooled system too. yay!

Build it, if you're worried about tech support pm me and I'll give you my cell # and I'll be your tech support lol. If you're serious about building it I will walk you through it, help you pick out parts. In the end its better, its something YOU built, not something a robot built. You get the parts you want, and its usually cheaper if you shop around.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

<3 my HP. lol

Upgraded PSU, RAM, and video card. No on-board crap. :P

Just sound but soon replacing that. :)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350