Home listening system, what you got?

I use a (carver) sunfire grand cinema 5ch

And marantz towers with a single 12" sub.

Really just a 2ch guy but the amp was a steal.

I love the setup.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

2012_04_07_22_52_31.jpg

TV: LG 42LG70 42" LCD HDTV

-------------------------------------------------

Receiver: Denon AVR-3801

Bluray: Playstation 3 Slim

Speakers: HiFi Works 5-1/4" 2-Way In-Wall Speakers (total of 7)

Sub: Energy S8.2 Subwoofer

73e16453.jpg

Pioneer Elite VSX-32

Rotel RMB-1095

QSC PLX3402

ModWright Pioneer DVD (for audio use)

Behringer DSP1124P for sub processing

Sony Blu Ray Player

North Creek Rhythm Unlimited (front 3)

North Creek Borealis Unlimited (surrounds)

8 Fi IB3 18" in an IB

Epson 8700UB projector

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Is that a daylite panel B?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Is that a daylite panel B?

Elite Screens ezFrame 110"

I caught it at J&R Music for $242 and free shipping. The day after I bought it, they went up to $480. Surprised they actually shipped it and I did not get the "we are sorry" email :)

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

73e16453.jpg

Pioneer Elite VSX-32

Rotel RMB-1095

QSC PLX3402

Sony Blu Ray Player

8 Fi IB3 18" in an IB

Epson 8700UB projector

Man that is sick !Great work.

73e16453.jpg

Pioneer Elite VSX-32

Rotel RMB-1095

QSC PLX3402

Sony Blu Ray Player

8 Fi IB3 18" in an IB

Epson 8700UB projector

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE

Have you ever metered your room? from the listening area

XS-power1.jpg

Nice to see SMD Members rockin' at home too. I'm bettin' those 8 18s in IB get funky low . . . and with authority. I've had all kinds of crazy stuff. For example, I once had a stack of (5) McIntosh MC2300s powering my theater set up. I've got some really unique Altec studio monitors downstairs in the main set-up. They have a 15" and a horn that measures 12"H x 24"W. The horn crosses over from the woofer at 500Hz. When the horn level is properly matched, they reproduce music like no other speaker I've yet heard. I guess that's why so many recording studios used them to master recordings and monitor sessions. If you look around, you can sometimes find stuff like this. I got mine from a church that was "updating" its sound equipment. I power them with a McIntosh MC2300, which is fed by an Integra processor. The surrounds? Polk Monitor 5s . . . that system also has a bunch of other unique gear, including a one-off Pioneer stable platter CD player that never made production in the states and a turntable (the OP is dead nuts about his remarks in regards to vinyl). The sub is a Rockford T2 in a large vented enclosure tuned to 20Hz. It's powered by a NAD218THX and I use a McIntosh parametric EQ to flatten response. That may be the most conservative sub set up I've eve had in this system, but it sounds REALLY good on music and delivers on movies.

In the office, it's more "mental" - a McIntosh MC2105 powers a pair of Polk RTA-15TLs, a McIntosh MC2300 (yeah, I own a few still) powers a pair of HX2 18" in BIG vented boxes. My primary source is from the hard drive or the tuner. I use an old school Onkyo external USB adapter to get the music from the PC to a Behringer mixer. This system is more "fun" than the main system, but the Polks just don't compare to the Altecs.

I have a few pics if ya'll would like to see them.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Nice to see SMD Members rockin' at home too. I'm bettin' those 8 18s in IB get funky low . . . and with authority. I've had all kinds of crazy stuff. For example, I once had a stack of (5) McIntosh MC2300s powering my theater set up. I've got some really unique Altec studio monitors downstairs in the main set-up. They have a 15" and a horn that measures 12"H x 24"W. The horn crosses over from the woofer at 500Hz. When the horn level is properly matched, they reproduce music like no other speaker I've yet heard. I guess that's why so many recording studios used them to master recordings and monitor sessions. If you look around, you can sometimes find stuff like this. I got mine from a church that was "updating" its sound equipment. I power them with a McIntosh MC2300, which is fed by an Integra processor. The surrounds? Polk Monitor 5s . . . that system also has a bunch of other unique gear, including a one-off Pioneer stable platter CD player that never made production in the states and a turntable (the OP is dead nuts about his remarks in regards to vinyl). The sub is a Rockford T2 in a large vented enclosure tuned to 20Hz. It's powered by a NAD218THX and I use a McIntosh parametric EQ to flatten response. That may be the most conservative sub set up I've eve had in this system, but it sounds REALLY good on music and delivers on movies.

In the office, it's more "mental" - a McIntosh MC2105 powers a pair of Polk RTA-15TLs, a McIntosh MC2300 (yeah, I own a few still) powers a pair of HX2 18" in BIG vented boxes. My primary source is from the hard drive or the tuner. I use an old school Onkyo external USB adapter to get the music from the PC to a Behringer mixer. This system is more "fun" than the main system, but the Polks just don't compare to the Altecs.

I have a few pics if ya'll would like to see them.

You ain't gotta ask me twice if I wanna see pics of McIntosh goodies. :popcorn:

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Archived