Sonic Electronix

Car went up in flames..Lost EVERYTHING :'/ PICS Coming later

I stand corrected, there is no mention of whether it was fused or not, I must have been thinking of a different post.

OP, did you use fuses? LOL

Ok didnt think I was crazy and missing anything.

Fuck Ken! Lol

So.... you're 19 years old.... had a charger as a first car.... torched it full of mix and match good and bad equipment... and are already looking for a new car? Wish I had that kind of money lol.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes...

It wasnt givin to me as a gift or anything lol.... Worked and saved the money to by myself a Charger...

Is insurance going to cover anything?

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

did any of you even think about "wear and tear"??

i had e bmw 318 compac (the 3 doors hatch)

stock batt in the trunk...

had a damagde rubber and so water leaked in that made the batt shortten

ergo it was bye bye lil bitch...

it's not because you know shit bout car audio you know shit bout electric wiring...

never the less it can be bad installment....

btw sorry for ya loss, gotta hurt such a ride seen burned to the ground

peace

did any of you even think about "wear and tear"??

i had e bmw 318 compac (the 3 doors hatch)

stock batt in the trunk...

had a damagde rubber and so water leaked in that made the batt shortten

ergo it was bye bye lil bitch...

it's not because you know shit bout car audio you know shit bout electric wiring...

never the less it can be bad installment....

btw sorry for ya loss, gotta hurt such a ride seen burned to the ground

peace

Wear could be a factor on an older car. But since the op has the newer Charger It's safe to say that it is probably less than 6 yrs old. And despite that, the whole point of a proper installation and fusing is to prevent accidents from happening.

it could still be a water leakage...

a water drain that's unplugged behind the side trims can be enough

i just find it harsh to just say "yeah it's your own fault you just did a crappy installement"

just because he didn't knew jack bout car audio yet...

cuz it's not because you know shit of car systems you also know shit how to run wires

it could be battery overload

bad instalation job

water leakage

somthing iron or like'ish that hit something powered

that's what i wanted to say... cuz it's not because the car is a youngtimer there can't be something wore down (how unlikly it is it can be :P)

it could be battery overload - Could have been prevented if Installer knew the electrical draw of the system installed (installers fault)

bad instalation job - nuff said (installers fault)

water leakage - If you own a car you should know what's wrong with it, especially if you are the one working on it. (installer's fault)

somthing iron or like'ish that hit something powered - Manufacturer's specifically place things in certain places to prevent this mishap . If this is the case then it is.... (installer's fault)

I feel very sorry for the op's loss. But spontaneous combustion is a little far fetched.

Without knowing too much about the install we can at least assume that the factory had a fuse on the positive wire from the stock trunk battery to the

engine bay. Which would contain the incident to the trunk. I can not specifically state this for the Charger, but vehicles I have worked on with a trunked battery do not have carpet or other flamable materials within range of the battery.

Either the fire started due to poor installation, or a series of highly coincidental mishaps.

could be this could be that..... dont make a damn it burnt to the ground and even if there is a 1% possibility that the wiring started the car thats still 1%. It dnt matter if you think you know what you are doing you should always double check your work, if you dont know for sure then google that bitch. it'll tell you what its supposed to look like. So all you guys saying it coulda been the wear and tear or the manufactures fault. I dont think theyd make something that in a couple of years would burn to the ground because something they did, if so bmw wouldnt put their batterys in the back or pontiac wouldnt put them under their backseat.... I swear some people are real ^^#*$&%(^ lol

To the op sorry bout your car homie, next time double check your stuff....Hope the next cars just as nice if not nicer

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Archived