Second Skin Audio

1 sa 8v2 sub box

something like this might work for you, you could even do sub up as well with same box,

i can change it up if you want, to standard L-port, just that in my test of thesis subs, they love the lows and need a bit of space at rear

sav21.pngsav211.png

This project comes up all the time, simple L port alternative:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz

Vb = 0.72 ft^3

External Height = 10 in

External Width = 22 in

External Depth = 12 in

Port Width = 1 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front & Back = 22 x 10

Left & Right Sides = 10 1/2 x 8 1/2

Top & Bottom = 22 x 10 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 9 1/4 x 8 1/2

Extension = 16 1/4 x 8 1/2

Assembles like this:

Capture-3.jpg

Can be re-tuned if needed.

It's not a t-line

It just a different way of doing the port to allow the sub to have more airspace behind it

To do a t-line for this you would need 50sq" of port 96" long and that doesnt quite fit in the area you have avaible

It's not a t-line

It just a different way of doing the port to allow the sub to have more airspace behind it

To do a t-line for this you would need 50sq" of port 96" long and that doesnt quite fit in the area you have avaible

Oh ok anyways thats what i did its drying ill let u guys know how it sounds in a couple of days

How did you come up with this?

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I did 40 inches of port area for my sa 8 v2 t line. Tuned in the upper 40's right now. Wish I tuned it a little lower, but it is impressive for what it is. Going to build a second one tuned lower when my second 8 arrives.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

• 2 weeks later...

The inner dia of that sub is 7.25 if i remember right which would result in a port area of ~41 inches. 50 is a little more port area than needed, T-lines are better when precise, but if your experience is good then thats cool that it worked out

As I said before thoes numbers were from memory and wernt exact,

I've now tried 2 t-line boxes for my v2

1 was 90sq" of port 96" long

and

95sq" 100" long

both were very loud on 100rms each (final load of 8ohm) I'm yet to run them at 2 ohm 200rms each or even 0.5, 500rms each,

Once there loosened up a bit I'll juce them a bit.

I'm in the process on building another 85sqin 200" long that can be split at 100" long to try both options, for a home audio set up,

I'm yet to drive my v2s over 100rms in a t-line each yet,

My v1.5 run at 500rms ea in 0.6cuft at 32.5hz, in the trunk of my car and I'm

Pretty happy with them

Archived