Sonic Electronix

where do you get parts to piece together a custom driver?

hey guys, just trying to figure out where to get parts to piece together either a 15 or an 18 inch sub, i want to build it from the ground up. motor, basket, cone and everything else lol. if you have any ideas where to order the parts or if its even worth it over buying a prefab from ab, fi, dd, aq, or whoever else sells nasty ass subs......

Edited by Redcorn245

PSI, CACO, SMD Classifieds, etc

Why wouldn't you just buy a mass produced sub? You get a warranty, customer support, and a guarantee that they will perform well.

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Why wouldn't you just buy a mass produced sub? You get a warranty, customer support, and a guarantee that they will perform well.

So he can say "i built this MYSELF"

I have a 15" here i built.. Its a pretty awsome feeling whwn you take a pile of parts add some glue an finish with a fully working sub.. (not a drop in recone)

Its also pretty fun to build a sub..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Call chiner, haz dem chip parts. Hope fer best.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Call chiner, haz dem chip parts. Hope fer best.

LOL :rofl:

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Sure... if the parts work well together. If the parts dont actually work well together, the sub could fail or sound horrible. Sure, he could still say "I built this MYSELF." However, I wouldnt be too proud of building a POS.

Op, if you want to build a custom sub, please do some research. Good luck :drinks:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Sure... if the parts work well together. If the parts dont actually work well together, the sub could fail or sound horrible. Sure, he could still say "I built this MYSELF." However, I wouldnt be too proud of building a POS.

Op, if you want to build a custom sub, please do some research. Good luck :drinks:

first one i did i took a WMD2 motor ordered someparts from sundown.. and put it all togeather.. took 7k pretty good and sounded great... cant learn without trying

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

well thanks for the couple people who gave a serious response. everyone else please stop wasting peoples time you make forums such a pain in the ass to even want to deal with. im surprised you didnt try and correct my grammar. but yea i want to say i built it my self and obviously i would make sure the parts i would be ordering would fit and work properly with one and other. I just want to know who or where to get the parts from

Edited by Redcorn245

well thanks for the couple people who gave a serious response. everyone else please stop wasting peoples time you make forums such a pain in the ass to even want to deal with. im surprised you didnt try and correct my grammar. but yea i want to say i built it my self and obviously i would make sure the parts i would be ordering would fit and work properly with one and other. I just want to know who or where to get the parts from

Forums have attitude and character. You have to accept that or just email someone directly to get straight answers.

For 1 off parts at low quantity, check out fixmyspeaker.com

Otherwise you can search around and gather a hodge podge of parts for classifieds sections.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion