i know this is prolly covered already but ive been searching all night and cant find it. maybe sumbody will know where to find it. Ok so i want to redo my headliner and i got a guy that does it for me for cheap so i called em over and asked about suede. he told me to order it and hed put it on but i need the 1/4 inch foam backing because i got 2 places in my headliner thats messed up. So ive been searching for 1/4 inch backd suede headliner and i cannot find any sumbody plz help me out

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Hey whats up man. I do have a place you can check out thanks to @durranic. I will post a link to the thread below I got it out of. It is thread I created because I am trying to get info on how what materials I need to do a good job. I hope this can help you out.

-James

http://www.yourautotrim.com/suhefba.html

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/117301-headliner-ideas-anything-is-welcome/page__fromsearch__1

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

252 i checked that place before and its not right its 1/8 inch backing and i need 1/4 inch and yeah i used the search button and found that thread you posted.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

ya but if i could find some sued with the 1/4 inch backing on it then i wouldnt have to worry bout all that lol. I might have to go that route tho. How much you think the backing cost? bout 5 dollars a sheet?

Why not just buy 1/4 foam, set it and then lay the headliner down? You can buy 1/4 sheets of foam at lowes or home depot

This sounds like an easier idea, I haven't heard of foam-backed material. If you find somewhere that sells it then let us know because that would be awesome

Yourautotrim sells suede backed with foam. Its not a quarter inch thick though. Just scrape the old stuff off and start fresh

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

crandis if you have never heard of foam backed material you havent searched or been around or read any of these articles about headliner. You think your headliner is just cloth? nah if it was youd be able to c all the imperfections.

at n8 i know i can pull all it off but there is imperfections in the panel itself so thats why i wanted some 1/4 inch backed stuff. How do you like that 1/8th inch suede? can you see or feel any imperfections? thats what i dont wanna see

• 2 weeks later...

just finished mine with black suede from yourautotrim.com with the 1/8 inch and i screwed up my liner when i did it and weakened the actual form but except for where my helper (fiance only person available at time) didnt pull tight enough it looks great. i just glued it to the roof. planning on redoing it with a headliner with a doner headliner next month cause i have ocd and the 3 wrinkles only i can see are bugging me. just to let you know yourautotrim.com was on backorder of the black and may be out already i would call before ordering. if your liner is real bad order some closed cell sculpting foam to fix the issue. as for feeling imperfections you would have to know what you are feeling for, and at that point if someone is running there hands across your brand new SUEDE (yes i know its not real suede but still not cheap) headliner then you need to run your hand across their head! also get their performance high temp spray its the best, and sprayway industrial clean up dry cleaner in case you get glue on the suede, it will take it off even after it dries. all in all yourautotrim.com is the best place to go, awesome products, and they are extremely nice and helpful.

crandis if you have never heard of foam backed material you havent searched or been around or read any of these articles about headliner. You think your headliner is just cloth? nah if it was youd be able to c all the imperfections.

at n8 i know i can pull all it off but there is imperfections in the panel itself so thats why i wanted some 1/4 inch backed stuff. How do you like that 1/8th inch suede? can you see or feel any imperfections? thats what i dont wanna see

I know headliner is backed with a foam lol... I just thought that the most common way of re-doing a headliner was to buy the material then a foam backing for it. foam-backed material sounds SO much easier haha. I want to redo mine.... just another project waiting to happen lol