How can I improve my score?

Ok had my truck tested with a termlab today and it did a 141.9db sealed on music, but the score didnt go up by doing anything, (doors open ,windows down) it never did over the 141.9. And one thing I was wandering was, in my last box it did a 143.?, and peaked at 46hz. This box is tuned differently and it did the 141.9 at 46hz. So it seems im peaking at 46hz. So if I did a spl box should I tune it close to 46hz to be loudest?

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

Im not gettin the fis or aqs I cant afford them right now, but I am getting a rd 3250 soon so that will help some.

03 tahoe z71

4 death penalty 18s

2 ampere audio 3800s @ .5 each

18v

156.7 @ 35hz

158.5 @ 50hz

• 3 weeks later...

Your basic design doesn't look right for 2 x 15" woofers. Try to make the box a little bit smaller that the woofers fit snugly on the sides and then make your port 2/3rds of the box lenth. that should solve your issue of not enough displacement through your port. Make the port about 100mm or 4inches wide and round it at the top and botom, that also increases your number by at least a 0,5db or even more. Try the port on the side too, pick ups like it that way and put the port on the farthest side from where the sensor are placed so that you have a roling effect in your pick up. Lastly as was mentioned already, try the box in different positions, firing to the front, firing to the roof and firing to the rear. Only by testing you will determine what works and what doesn't work fo you.

Archived