I should have voltage drop...

Alright, so I just put my new system all in today. Consists of 1 D2 ZCON 12, 1 BRZ2100.1D, and 1 extra XP3000 in the back. All 1/0 connections between hood battery/3000 and grounds for both batteries + from XP3000 to amp. Also got my 3 fuses connected too along the power wire. My problem is, this amp says that it draws 200 amps of current. I've still got my stock alternator so I was expecting some major voltage drop after playing full tilt 25-40Hz songs for a couple hours. The thing is, I'm not really seeing much more voltage drop than when I had my 200 watt MTX amp hooked up to my two Kickers.

I tuned everything with the DD-1 before playing it, and have the settings set to what they should be. The lowest that my voltage has dropped to today was 12.8 while at idle. When I'm driving I sit right around 13.6-13.8 constant.

One thing that I did notice was that I have a D2 DVC sub and I didn't wire it exactly like this shows:

http://images.the12volt.com/12voltimages/1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Instead, I have 4 wires running from sub -> amp. Both negatives going to the amp negatives, and both positives going to the amp positives. Both lefts are going to the left channels, and both rights are going to the right channels. Would this still wire it down to a 1ohm load or am I sitting at a 4 ohm load? This is the only thing I think of at the moment, seeing as my voltage doesn't drop as much as it should for a 200amp current pull.

Any help is much appreciated!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

You might still be at a 4 ohm load or a 2ohm load. If I were you i would wire it to 1ohm if your amp is stable that low. Search subwoofer wiring diagrams on Google and that will help you out.

The link I posted is for the 12volt diagram for wiring a DVC D2 sub down to 1 ohm. I will be rewiring it like the diagram shows when I get a chance, just hope that's what the problem is.

I would think the way you have it wired would be basically the same as the diagram if your amp is mono, not sure though.

Though I have noticed that better amps are more efficient; when I had my kenwood amp the lights would dim in my car. Now I have a Sundown 1500D and my lights don't dim at all, which is the opposite of what I expected. :unsure: I did do some wire upgrades but I just think its because the better amp is more efficient with its power.

Edited by Djmixmasterkid
I know if I ever find out you were messing with my 17yr old daughter, i'm diggin' off in that ass and then your next post will be asking for tips on how to remove my size 12 shoes from your ass.

Open Up The Trunk

Pioneer P6000Ub H.U.

Sundown Saz-1500D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

12" Directed SX12D4 (x2)

12" 1500rms Sub x1

Front - Powerbass 4XL-65-92 Mids

Rear - Cadence 6.5" Mids

Electrical Under Construction

Check Me Out(CarAudio Vids)

Official Feedback Thread

Check Out My Music Page

i think it bridges it at the terminals inside the amp, soooo you should be at 1 ohm

maybe that xp3000 is just a beast haha

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

i think it bridges it at the terminals inside the amp, soooo you should be at 1 ohm

maybe that xp3000 is just a beast haha

Was thinking maybe the same thing lol. I'm noticing a lot of very weird things going on now too. I used to peak right around 52 or 53Hz with my old 2 Kickers on the 200 watt amp and now it seems to peak around 30Hz? The lower frequencies(25-33ish) seem to be wayyy louder than higher frequencies (37-60ish) for some reason as well

Your at 1 ohm, the amp just has 2 + and 2 - for easier wiring. And to ME dropping to 12.8 is a lot of drop. I don't like to drop lower than like 13.8

Yeah, I was just expecting to not be able to play full tilt 2100 watts/200amp current pull on my stock alternator with only 1 upgraded battery in the back lol. I can't make any videos yet, but I will be taking a few after class tomorrow!