Sundown Audio

How to repair amp?

holdencorexx

ok so i have this 2500 watt autotek class d mean machine amp which obvioulsy is a very cheaply made amp

from the guys at sonic but my buddy needs a amp and i was wondering how i could repair it , the amp

illuminates but no power or protect all the wires test fine in my car and his , and my amps in my car work

just fine so im thinking the amp has a power supply issue? how would one go about repairing that i just

sold him a obsidian audio 12 so i know they can handle some power but obviously the amp puts out a little over 1000

id say so it should bump it decenlty i used 2 dd cm1's wisely tuned and it hit pretty good for 1 12 but bottom line

how the hell can i fix this amp if i cant fix it ill probally just help get a differnt amp like i said im not asking for

suggestions on amps its not even for me.

if you have to ask how to repair it, then i seriously wouldn't even bother trying. if you dont do something exactly correct, you can fuck it up even more/start a fire.

newer autotek isn't even worth trying to fix imo

Unless you have a decent level of electronic circuit experience, you probobly should not attempt to fix it yourself. I would see if the manufacturer has a repair service. They know their amps better than anyone else.

yeah i know the new shit is literally shit but it worked when i got it for $20 ha so

i figured i could try t mess with it or just throw it down the street

If you throw it down the street, make a vid of it :D

Archived